Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 47.

• BUvBB srp

scatmaster - - EN - Strategy & Hand Discussion

Quote from poop_scoop: “I know how to do the analysis. I was asking if there is some way to figure out quickly at the tables, besides practice ” Alright. Given that the calldown range is basically a function of the pre-flop range and post-flop sizing (to some extent) I find it hard to imagine a rule of thumb could describe it, unless said rule of thumb was actually based on a lot of previous work/practice, in which case it would simply be intuition at that point. But if there was one I would be …

• Hi Paul, enjoying the videos I would just like to ask you about the 4-betting range used in hand 5. It was: pokermarket.com/forum/attachme…93b927d7a5c5edb570817e520 Plugging it into CREV it shows that this range would allow SB to 5-bet shove very weak hands profitably (even assuming BT calls the shove with his widest value range, i.e. TT+,AJs+,AQo+): pokermarket.com/forum/attachme…93b927d7a5c5edb570817e520 As far as I understand this would not be a good strategy and we would rather aim to make l…

• BUvBB srp

scatmaster - - EN - Strategy & Hand Discussion

Are you specifically looking for rules of thumb or just asking how to go about the analysis? Because I don't know of any rules of thumb. I would think that the only way to know this on the fly is to have done a lot of similar analysis beforehand and thus get a feel for it. As for the analysis itself: - Give BB a pre-flop range. - Estimate play on each street. - Make sure that BB defends enough on all streets. - Consider how much BB has to call on the river in order to make QJ, Q9, J9 type stuff …

• It's good then.

• Looks correct to me. You can also check if it's correct pretty quickly by plugging in some examples: - 100% folds should give EV +1.5. - 100% 3b should give EV -2. - 100% fold for SB but 100% call for BB and 100% EQ and R should give + 2.5. And so on.

• What's your poker schedule?

scatmaster - - EN - General

Hi! I'm interested to hear how much and how often you guys play, study, get coaching, coach, and so on. And kindly specify if you're playing professionally, semi-professionally or as a hobby/whatever. Just some examples: - Hours playing? - Hours studying/analyzing? (Maybe different hours for different kind of analysis?) - Hours getting coached? - Hours coaching? - Hours discussing hands? (Not strictly coaching) - Hours browsing/posting in forums? - Hours watching videos? (Daily/weekly/monthly?) …

• Our opponent has a 35bb stack, not 35k Quote from lnternet: “he's played 35bb stack ”

• Very good idea! Looking forward to more videos

• imgur_gallery_hZSfl_Its_Time_to_Stop_Posting.jpg

• Quote from jonzocker: “- How would you adjust your 3b/c 4b range vs a guy like him? ” The sample on him seems to small to find any clear adjustments in my opinion. Just play a good default based on his opening percentage, whatever that is. Although the 0/4 Fv3 should shift your 3-betting range towards a linear one, rather than a polarized one. (Why 3-bet trash if he's likely not folding much at all?) Quote from jonzocker: “- What is your flopstrategy? ” Based on the precise pre-flop range that y…

• Best PICS/GIFS [poker related]

scatmaster - - EN - General

Quote from pokercrush: “55b3eb0397ccb.gif any good text for this? ” Elaine - How you feel when making a sigh bluff catch on the river in order to remain unexploitable. Seinfeld - How you feel making a clear value bet with no bluffing range, against a station.

• Quote from partizanfan: “7.75$ raise in pot of 5.75$? Looks more like 1.5x pot, or am I missing something here? ” After your bet, the pot is $5.75. After his call, the pot is $8. A pot sized raise would be $10.25: $2.25 + $8 (the size of the pot) = $10.25 When it comes to raising calculations, I find it easiest to compare the situation to pre-flop. Pot is 1.5bb before any action. A call would make the pot 2.5bb. A pot sized raise is 3.5bb, which is thus: (Pot sized raise) = (call amount) + (pot …

• Quote from lnternet: “I don't think you should ever call 8bb pre. Just 3bet of fold. And JJ should be pretty easy 3bet and stackoff. Flop Turn River seems OK. Flop, make a decision to calldown or fold. You can't really call flop to see what happens.. pretty clear what will happen ” I agree with pre-flop being a 3-bet/get in and the post-flop decision to call down. But should we not shove the turn for protection after he pots it? With any Ax, 5x, 6x being gut-shots and a FD out there, going to th…

• I would raise all-in. Generally when a player leads multi-way (especially with four or more players in the pot) they have a decently strong range, consisting of top pair or better for value, and strong draws. (There are no absolutes about this of course, but typically that is the case). They lead because they want value and protection with their strong hands, preventing the flop from checking around, and can also leverage their strong range with draws. It is also the case that as more players ar…

• Quote from ivicailiev77: “I was thinking of this one which I found on forum + programers state that it does caclulations faster and better overall for GTO. ” I haven't used SimplePostflop so I cannot speak for it's speed or compare it to PioSolver in that sense. But I doubt that the speed difference is significant at this point, especially with the latest Pio upgrade. And I know that the speed differences most mentioned were for convergence to the lowest levels of exploitability. (Like going fro…

• Quote from ivicailiev77: “When I get some months going on NL50+ I will save 600+$ to get a full license wink.png ” $600+? The Basic version is $249 and the Pro version is $475. I have bought the latter and it lets you run scripts which is cool for running multiple flops overnight or such. The software is super good and very fast now with the latest upgrade to 1.4. I can do nothing but wholeheartedly recommend it!

• Quote from ivicailiev77: “1. Yes he should. On K97 rainbow he can expect BTN to bluff bet so having 2nd pair into calling range is normal. I expect him to have anything from 98 to A9 which makes his calling range very 9x heavy there. ” Thanks for the reply! Not sure if you noticed, but it's a 3-way pot on the flop. BT is betting into both SB and BB here, which should make his range significantly stronger, especially for the slightly larger size of 70% (I'm thinking Kx+, draws, and few good backd…

• In the first picture it shows IP's strategy after OOP checks. In the second picture it shows OOP's strategy after IP bets 18. (If you look at which nodes are selected at the top you might see how it works).

• $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 3 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. SB: $207 (103.5 bb) BB: $78 (39 bb) Hero (BTN): $200 (100 bb) Preflop: Hero is BTN with Tdiamond4.gif 8club4.gif Hero raises to $4, SB calls $3, BB calls $2 Flop: ($12) 7spade4.gif 9diamond4.gif Kclub4.gif (3 players) SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $8.40, SB calls $8.40, BB folds Turn: ($28.80) 9spade4.gif (2 players) SB checks, Hero checks River: ($28.80) 6spade4.gif (2 players) SB…