(nl200)Top 2 3 way 200 bb deep

• (nl200)Top 2 3 way 200 bb deep

We play nl200 fr

EP(200bb) 30/14 fish OR 3bb
      everyone folds but BTN 19/6 (200bb) that also calls

Hero is BB (180bb) with :qh :ad decided to just CC being deep vs both and I didn't expect to be ahead vs their ranges .

Flop is :as :qs :7d .

Hero checks
      EP fish cbet 60% pot
      BTN Calls
      Hero x/r 4x
      fish EP jams/BTN jams too

Hero decision???

In game I decided to call because I am calling 140 $ to 600$ pot so I need only 24% of equity while calling.

Just cooler?
    • At first glance might seem like a cooler, but in reality they both are basically holding monsters given their lines and that you're all about 200BBs deep, especially BU who doesn't have AA and maybe QQ in his range, at the same time i just don't see anything worse than 77 overcalling the 3bet jam from the EP. They could potentially hold the same hand, but that's not great for you as well. I tried giving them both a pretty much best case ranges and see how you fair vs them, so for EP AA,QQ,77,AQs,A7s,KsJs,KsTs,JsTs,AQo, for BU 77,AQs,A7s,KsJs,KsTs,JsTs,AQo - notice i give them both all A7s too which would be a big overplay at this point and royal flush draws, which probably aren't stacking of 200BBs on the flop, but those still do have 42%~ vs your hand, so:

So seems like an annoying, but straight forward fold as you would need them both to overplay stuff massively or have at least one of them going nuts and other holding a draw that will hit close to half the times too.

If anything i would want to explore squeezing pre option - is it really better to just call pre...???
    • motiejus wrote:

At first glance might seem like a cooler, but in reality they both are basically holding monsters given their lines and that you're all about 200BBs deep, especially BU who doesn't have AA and maybe QQ in his range, at the same time i just don't see anything worse than 77 overcalling the 3bet jam from the EP. They could potentially hold the same hand, but that's not great for you as well. I tried giving them both a pretty much best case ranges and see how you fair vs them, so for EP AA,QQ,77,AQs,A7s,KsJs,KsTs,JsTs,AQo, for BU 77,AQs,A7s,KsJs,KsTs,JsTs,AQo - notice i give them both all A7s too which would be a big overplay at this point and royal flush draws, which probably aren't stacking of 200BBs on the flop, but those still do have 42%~ vs your hand, so:

So seems like an annoying, but straight forward fold as you would need them both to overplay stuff massively or have at least one of them going nuts and other holding a draw that will hit close to half the times too.

If anything i would want to explore squeezing pre option - is it really better to just call pre...???
      Regarding squezz pre I just didn't want to make the fish range stronger by Squezzing tbh with this stack depth because playing AQo postflop is going to be a nightmare OOP especially where I play people still learn about the existence of the fold Button especially fishes that just tend to completely ignore it :D

I agree with your analysis of the equity and that even in best case scenario we are below required treshold to call. In game wasn't really sure as this is not that common to be 200bb eff with other guys and have such an akward spot. But realistically I have only 4 outs probably sth like AdQd is bottom calling range here.
    • Well, yeah :)

If anything, i wonder what would we want to do with royal flush draws ourselves, on one hand SO MUCH equity 3-ways, on the other we are still drawing, so in the end feels like a close to B/E stackoff, as the times we don't hit we lose, but times we hit (the flush or the straight) and not get over-housed we win 2 stacks, so seems like that pretty much evens itself out.

About the bottom calling hand, sucks that you don't have AA/QQ in your range here, while at least EP does, so just hard to be getting it in here good, but if anything i think i would stick to 77+(if you can have anything that's "+" :D ) which is at least beating all the possible 2pairs/draws, isn't blocking AQ's in any way and MOST LIKELY is ahead of at least BU, unless BU's someone that flats AA/QQ pre, which IMO doesn't happen often to say the least :D