A Spot To raise As A Bluff???

• A Spot To raise As A Bluff???

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

Playing regular 20NL 6-max on MG. HERO is CO with - 9 :spade: 9 :heart: , 118.5BBs effective.

UT folds
      MP folds
      CO HERO raises to 3BB
      BU raises to 8.5BB
      SB folds
      BB folds
      CO HERO calls.

FLOP (18.5BB) : 7 :heart: T :club: 8 :spade: . CO HERO checks, BU bets 12BB, CO HERO calls.
      TURN (42.5BB) : K :spade: . CO HERO checks, BU bets 30BB, CO HERO folds.

Linecheck?

Normally i'd say the hand went down pretty STD, don't think i can continue turn vs this big 2nd barrel, but my question is rather about the flop play - i most likely have range and nuts advantage on this board - i will have J9s and sets, while villain's strongest hands here are overpairs, with occasional (couple of combos) top set, so even though it's a 3bet pot, can i actually have a raising range on this flop? If i do, right away a couple questions:
      1) i suppose i don't want to raise ALL of my nutted combos as least not at 100% frequency, but what bluffs would make the most sense? I do like 99 since it blocks nuts and also has all the robust equity in the pot, YET it's a pretty strong hand that i can absolutely reasonably just be calling, what do you guys think?
      2) if i do have a raising range, i'm right away a bit worried that my calling range will be very weak, even if i did leave some nutted combos in there, or should i don't put too much thought into it, since a) my CO c3b range is already weaker than BUs 3betting range (or rather lacking strongets combos, which BU does have) and b) it's a pretty dynamic board, where hands equities can change pretty significantly on different turns, so that works in favor of me i suppose.... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you for responses :)
    • You have to call the turn again I'm afraid. You don't have enough better hands to call with to afford folding this even to 3/4.

Maybe it's close and you can fold some 99, but I doubt it. 99 is better to call with than AT, QT, JT there.

Flop raise: sure, you raise here sometimes. Some sets, some bluffs (generally 2over+bdfd or weak gutshots like KJ), and some merged hands (like Tx, 99, 98)

Weak calling range: yes you need to "balance" your nuts correctly between raising and calling. In practice I think this board is quite easy to split nuts on. Obviously J9 and TT slowplay, while 88 and 77 raise for value.
    • lnternet wrote:

Flop raise: sure, you raise here sometimes. Some sets, some bluffs (generally 2over+bdfd or weak gutshots like KJ), and some merged hands (like Tx, 99, 98)

Weak calling range: yes you need to "balance" your nuts correctly between raising and calling. In practice I think this board is quite easy to split nuts on. Obviously J9 and TT slowplay, while 88 and 77 raise for value.
      If you want more accurate ranges you have to ask a solver. That's just my human estimate. Which will be good enough for almost all spots, but not perfect.