Facing A Big River Donk

• Facing A Big River Donk

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

Playing regular 50NL 6-max on MG, 5-handed. HERO is MP (UT) with A :club: Q :diamond: , 143BBs effective.

MP HERO raises to 3BB
      CO folds
      BU folds
      SB folds
      BB calls.

FLOP (6.5BB) : 8 :club: T :diamond: J :club: . BB checks, MP HERO bets 4BB, BB calls.
      TURN (14.5BB) : 3 :spade: . BB checks, MP HERO bets 8.5BB, BB calls.
      RIVER (31.5BB) : A :spade: . BB bets 24.5BB, MP HERO folds.

Linecheck?

My own flop bet IMO pretty standard with double gutshot, 2 overs, BDNFD. Not completely sure about the turn bet, but once called on the flop my hand doesn't have that much showdown value any more, so i don't mind betting as a semi-bluff vs weaker made hands, pair+draw type of things, but not sure about the flop and turn betting frequencies here in general. On the river, given how i played i think a smallish value bet makes sense. The big river lead from BB, not sure what to make of it - seems like KQ and not that many weaker hands, so shoving as a bluff with Q :diamond: blocker looks suicidal, calling also feels thin, but here we at least have a straight blocker, can't see ours sets being any better calls for that reason (also blocking potential worse value hands like 2P, if there are any anyways), but are we folding everything except nuts ourselves then? Can't see myself folding a set ingame though... Even AJ probably :D

Thank you for responses :)
    • Pre fine

Flop you can bet yeah, but wouldnt bet tooooooo much here.

I dont get your turn 2nd barrel, he wont fold anything better and this hand fits perfectly into my xb range. I'm pretty sure that AQ should have a very very low betting frequency. All of his flop calls connect to the board and have a pair+draw usually and therefore you shouldnt bet AQ here.

River is just a fold, he has all KQ #12 and then he has some AJ/AT typish hands which he might lead out, dont see anybody bluffing here ever.
      "Spiele nl100/200/500 Zoom agressives Konzept"