River X/R Bluff Linecheck?

• River X/R Bluff Linecheck?

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

Playing regular 100NL 6-max on MG, anonymous. HERO is BB with K :club: T :club: , 111BBs effective.

UT folds
      MP raises to 3BB
      CO calls
      BU folds
      SB folds
      BB HERO calls.

FLOP (9.5BB) : T :spade: 2 :club: 5 :spade: . BB HERO checks, MP checks, CO checks.
      TURN (9.5BB) : Q :heart: . BB HERO checks, MP bets 7BB, CO folds, BB HERO calls.
      RIVER (23.5BB) : 9 :club: . BB HERO checks, MP bets 18BB, BB HERO raises to 50BB, MP raises to 101BB and is all in, BB HERO folds.

Linecheck???
    • Pre could 3b but dont have to

Dont know what to think about your river xr but somehow I dont like it. I dont think that you get enough folds but your blockers are certainly good! You block the nuts, a set and you unblock the flushdraw, maybe your hand is okay for the xr. Would you jam ur value hands or go for this smallish raise with them?
      "Spiele nl100/200/500 Zoom agressives Konzept"
    • painlezz wrote:

Dont know what to think about your river xr but somehow I dont like it. I dont think that you get enough folds but your blockers are certainly good! You block the nuts, a set and you unblock the flushdraw, maybe your hand is okay for the xr
      Agreed. Didn't put enough thought into it, even in-game i felt like i don't have much FE, but rather went with the approach of "i will have at least SOME value here myself, so i should have at least SOME bluffs in the spot too" and since my hand had those blocking attributes you mentioned, decided to go for it :D

painlezz wrote:

Would you jam ur value hands or go for this smallish raise with them
      To be honest, i still think i'd go with the similar size i used here, as i'd want to get called more often, at the same time i guess it's up for debate, since we just talked about how my, pressumably good to bluff combo still probably lacks fold equity and so that's why bluff prob isn't good, so maybe bigger is better indeed with both - at least to put villain in tough spot with anything that's not nuts itself.

Your thoughts? :)
    • chief wrote:

Which hand are you targeting with xr river
      Yes, was thinking about this later after the hand - it's pretty much KQ/AQ that i'm targetting, that would take such line postflop (can't see QQ checking the flop 3-way)...? KJ is the nuts of course, but i'm blocking that, yet if there are all the offsuit combos possible, then it gets shifted towards nutted hands hard, that won't fold anyways and i'd just be burning money on the river...

Again, no clear reasoning on my part other than the few bits on info we have : i will have nuts here myself, so want to have some bluffs / my hand does have decent blocking attributes / given the line i'm very doubtful i'm good enough on the river to call. Still, it's probably correct to just DON'T have bluffs in some spots and go purely with value as people still won't be able to fold top of their ranges...???

TY for feedback! :)