Retarded(?) Line in 4bet Pot?

• Retarded(?) Line in 4bet Pot?

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

Playing regular 50NL on MG, anonymous. HERO is UT with A :spade: K :spade: , 116BBs effective.

UT HERO raises to 3BB
      MP folds
      CO raises to 9BB
      BU folds
      SB folds
      BB folds
      UT HERO raises to 23BB
      CO calls.

FLOP (47.5BB) : T :spade: J :heart: 3 :diamond: . UT HERO bets 19BB, CO calls.
      TURN (86.5BB) : 9 :spade: . UT HERO bets 74BB and is all in, CO folds.

Linecheck???

Flop - don't think i have much FE (COs c4b range should hit that board quite hard), but turning into x/c mode doesn't look appealing at all....
      Turn - the development really sucks, but don't think i can x/c, but x/folding so much equity also feels like a crime, i block KQ...

Don't like my line, but not sure how else the hand could've been played, so would love to hear your thoughts!

As always, thank you for responses!!! :)
    • painlezz wrote:

Flop is already a spot where you should most likely mix in some (maybe even a lot of) checks, but as we all know we go with a smallish bet in almost every 4bp, dont know why you bet so big. Do you have a specific reason for that?
      Nope, no good reason, other than my plan (no matter how flawed) was to smoothly get it in within 2 streets (as i would do with AA-KK here IMO) and so if i say bet like 15BB on the flop (not that much different, but still 31.5% pot size instead of 40%) the pot on the turn would be 77.5 with 78BBs back, so pretty assimetrical (hope i'm using the right word) - less than 1/3 flop>pot size (even just slightly bigger) turn jam.

painlezz wrote:

Flop is already a spot where you should most likely mix in some (maybe even a lot of) checks
      Hmmm... with ranges so narrow to begin with i think i would want to have either 100% SMALL cbet freq or 100% check flop freq???