3bet On Turn spot

• 3bet On Turn spot

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

Playing regular 50NL 6-max on MG, 5-handed. HERO is SB with K :spade: 9 :spade: , 100BBs effective.

MP folds
      CO folds
      BU folds
      SB HERO raises to 3BB
      BB calls.

FLOP (6BB) : Q :club: K :heart: 7 :spade: . SB HERO checks, BB checks.
      TURN (6BB) : 9 :club: . SB HERO bets 3.5BB, BB raises to 10BB, SB HERO raises to 37BB, BB folds.

Linecheck???

Wasn't too sure ingame, not too sure now either. Flop, i guess cbetting is more STD, but checking isn't too bet either? On the turn it's a clear bet for value, once SB raises he pretty much has no hands to do so for value as i expect JT to bet bet into on the flop 99%, same for 77, while 99 is only 1 combo possible. At the same time turn brings quite a few draws (straightdraws, gutshots, BDFD) and it's a card where villain could've turned quite a few 2Ps (Q9, 79 for example), so decided that vs that range turn 3bet works best. Not sure about the size too, seems quite big 3bet from me, but i'm OOP and i was looking for a size that would allow me to comfortably jam rivers, although not entirely sure, which rivers could be considered bad, if villain calls - clubs should be concerning, but say even J/T, that makes 1 to a straight on the river, don't really see those improving villain a lot... What do you guys think?

As always, thank you for responses! :)
    • Dont know if checking the flop is bad, would do some mixing.

Turn bet ist good, but not sure what I think about the 3b on the turn. He shouldnt have more than #1 99 for better hands, because people usually dont xb 77 or JT here and therefore I think it's quite good. Turn size is okay, would just jam the river on a blank (no club, J/T, 7, Q)
      "Spiele nl100/200/500 Zoom agressives Konzept"
    • Agree with Dean, our hand is very strong on the flop and the board favor us, we should mostly bet.

Turn XR might be nice if villain starts betting Jx and random SD. Not sure. You realized that you have the best hand, so you should also realize you are supposed to try to create a big pot. If you are not XR, then you should bet big, minimum potsize, OB also good.

As played, usually we cannot 3b in this sort of board without a straight, but I agree villain will not have better hands with his line, so 3b is okay. Your size looks too big yeah, I would make it around 25bbs.
    • New

Flop bet is good but check is fine. You won't go bet-bet-bet too often, and he has hands like 54 where slowplaying is nice, so I don't mind letting flop check through.

Turn bet is kinda small. Would bet larger or go for a check-raise.

When he raises I like 3bet assuming he has some draws and worse 2pair but almost no JT. Maybe don't 3bet quite so big, but I like it. 3bet is slightly thin but looks good to me.