BUvBB 3bet Pot Spot

• BUvBB 3bet Pot Spot

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

Party, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $79.47 (158.9 bb)
      BB: $51.60 (103.2 bb)
      MP: $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $40.06 (80.1 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $81.26 (162.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with :4s :5s
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1, SB folds, BB raises to $3.50, Hero calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.25) :9h :6s :3c (2 players)
      BB bets $3.44, Hero calls $3.44

Turn: ($14.13) :th (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $8, BB calls $8

River: ($30.13) :7c (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $66.32, BB calls $36.66

Results:
      Display Spoiler
      $103.45 pot ($3.00 rake)
      Final Board: :9h :6s :3c :th :7c
      BB showed :tc :8c and won $100.45 ($48.85 net)
      Hero showed :4s :5s and won $0.00 (-$51.60 net)

Linecheck??? Don't like my turn size, would prefer it bigger now. Other than that, i suppose it's somewhat std, but want to hear your thoughts - don't think i'm getting called by worse A LOT on this runout, but BB shouldn't really have much 8x+ (right? I realize villain did 3bet it 2>7, still that's not many combos containing 8x to begin with and not all of them are taking the same line) in his range and so i should be able to value bet the river. Given these assumptions, maybe it's actually more +EV to bet the river small, to get called by so called wider range, however, most of villain's range should be bluffcathers (overpairs) that don't block my value range and so i'm thinking i should be able to value bet river with even as thin as 2-pair or that's too close??? I wonder how villain should actually proceed on the river, facing a jam - can he start over-folding a lot, given that the runout seems really bad for his range?

Thank you for responses! :)
    • Pre flop good.

Flop good.

Turn this is one hand you could check back with the plan of bluffing river. But I don't see any problem with betting. The idea is make villain fold AK type hand, so we don't need a huge bet. I think your size is fine. This is the sort of hand with which I would be very tempted to continue bluffing on almost any river.

River, I think you are underestimating the amount of 8x that villain might have. 88, 98s, A8s, 86s, villain can have some of combos that. Also, I don't think this is a spot where villains will hero call happily with OPs. So I would bet a non-all in sizing. 1/3 seems good.

After spoiler: not really surprising. One cool thing is that if you bet 1/3 you can fold to jam, no villain will bluff jam ever.
    • Appreciate the feedback guys! :)

poop_scoop wrote:

This is the sort of hand with which I would be very tempted to continue bluffing on almost any river
      What sizing would you be looking to use?

poop_scoop wrote:

Also, I don't think this is a spot where villains will hero call happily with OPs. So I would bet a non-all in sizing. 1/3 seems good.
      a) would you bet thinner, with like 2-pair type hand ? 1/3 Seems reasonable for that too.

b) what size would make the most sense with 8x ?

Thank you for responses!!!
    • motiejus wrote:

poop_scoop wrote:

This is the sort of hand with which I would be very tempted to continue bluffing on almost any river
      What sizing would you be looking to use?
      All in probably. we are trying to make villain fold 98s/A6s type hand.

motiejus wrote:

poop_scoop wrote:

Also, I don't think this is a spot where villains will hero call happily with OPs. So I would bet a non-all in sizing. 1/3 seems good.
      a) would you bet thinner, with like 2-pair type hand ? 1/3 Seems reasonable for that too.
      b) what size would make the most sense with 8x ?

Thank you for responses!!!
      a) maybe with T9 or sets 1/3 is probably okay. Might be too thin, not sure.

b) Non-all in actually, since if you go all in you just tie way too frequentely for the pot. So you still want to bet a size that gets frequent calls from worse than 8x. J8 should be a jam.