Turned Trips Facing Strong Line

• Turned Trips Facing Strong Line

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

Party, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $33.50 (67 bb)
      Hero (BB): $57.01 (114 bb)
      MP: $51.59 (103.2 bb)
      CO: $56.59 (113.2 bb)
      BTN: $101.86 (203.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :6c :5c
      2 folds, BTN raises to $1.25, SB calls $1, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.75) :5d :ac :3s (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $1.78, SB folds, Hero calls $1.78

Turn: ($7.31) :5h (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.50, BTN raises to $13, Hero calls $7.50

River: ($33.31) :tc (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $18.75, Hero calls $18.75

Results:
      Display Spoiler
      $70.81 pot ($3 rake)
      Final Board: :5d :ac :3s :5h :tc
      Hero mucked :6c :5c and lost (-$34.78 net)
      BTN showed :3c :3h and won $67.81 ($33.03 net)

P.S. Hope you don't find spoiler(s) annoying, let me know if i should not add them to the hands :)

Linecheck???

Thank you for responses! :)
    • It's a good hand for raising the flop, but you can't do that all that time.

Turn large donk bet makes sense, but I think you need to go even larger. With a large donk bet you are saying your range is 5x/air. And since the value part of 5x is strong enough to bet pot size over even overbet, that's what your size should be. Basically with your size you are losing value from his Ax bluffcatchers.

(You could also small donk bet and say you have Ax/some air, but that doesn't work well here, cause Ax has no protection in doing this. So if you donk turn it should be big.)

Him raising turn is strange. If he is strong enough to raise for value (around medium 5x), he is also strong enough to slowplay against your draws/bluffs. I don't think I'd raise any hand in his spot. K5 blocks your worse value so that's not great. Maybe 42 makes sense but that's a loose BU open.

Anyway, you call for sure.

River he bets half pot. I don't get that at all. If he can beat 5x he should clearly jam. So he's probably bluffing? Well, it's a big bet on the river after some action, so maybe not the most likely bluff spot. But your hand is quite strong, so few stronger combos possible, I would call for sure.