3bP MPvUT Flop 3b

• 3bP MPvUT Flop 3b

100bb eff.

Preflop: Hero is MP with :qd :kd
      UTG raises to $1.25, Hero raises to $4.25, 4 folds, UTG calls $3

Flop: ($9.25) :9c :8d :9d (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.90, UTG raises to $11.75, Hero raises to $54.77

Villain is (bad) reg and starts spazzing sometimes.

Pre standard.

Flop cbet is standard for me.
      Not too sure what is best against his xr. Sure i could call, but would have to fold most turns. I actually like 3betting here, since I can deny alot of equity and should still have decent equity vs some calls. Dont know if I am getting too aggro here.
    • Once again, don't have KQs in my MPvUT 3betting range, so dunno, but i guess it's fine (yet interested in the preflop street play too, if anyone wants to comment on it).

Post-flop - i assume this villain pretty much never c3b with KK/AA preflop, so i think your line is good - even vs QQ you have almost 45% and there are only a couple of nutted combos possible + as you said, deny villain's equity, realize yours.... :)

Looking to hear others' thoughts too!

Edit: not sure about the flop cbet size actually - wouldn't we want to bet any bigger?
    • Regarding preflop:
      From MPvUT I think if you play with CC and 3b you should still 3b most of the time, because there are still 4 people behind who could squeeze or call. I think both cases arent that good for us. So unless there are bad players behind I would play 3b only.

Postflop:
      I dont think he would Call with KK/AA, but I wouldnt be surprised if he had some QQ or AK.

Not too sure about the sizing as well, but I prefer range bet with small size here, because Villains range shouldnt connect too well with the board and we dominate his range with our Overpairs.
    • Yeah, i suppose it's fine preflop.

chitz wrote:

but I wouldnt be surprised if he had some QQ or AK
      Hmmm... As for QQ, yeah, but you block it with Q :diamond: , and even though this is about the strongest hand villain could show up with (along with like 2-3 combos of nuts), you still have 45% against it. As for AK, IDK really random like to take with, i wouldn't expect that.

chitz wrote:

Not too sure about the sizing as well, but I prefer range bet with small size here, because Villains range shouldnt connect too well with the board and we dominate his range with our Overpairs
      Yup, don't really see much reason not to, so prob best :)
    • Pre is whatever. 3bet is fine. Call is fine. Up to you what strategy you prefer in MPvUT overall.

Flop 1/3 standard
      When he raises, calling is bad, as you say, as you have fold on the turn to his jam sometimes. Jamming is good. Hand is good.

Only reason not to jam the flop is if you think he is just ultra strong. Like he is never bluffing and always has QQ+ or 9x 88. Then you should just call and fold on the turn instead. But that's not realistic.