Overpair Facing A Flop Raise...

• Overpair Facing A Flop Raise...

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

Playing regular 50NL 6-max on MG. HERO is BB with T :spade: T :club: , 106.5BBs effective. CO - another of those good/laggy mpn regulars, MP - unknown-fishy dude.

UT folds
      MP limps for 1BB
      CO raises to 4BB
      BU folds
      SB folds
      BB HERO raises to 12BB
      MP folds
      CO calls.

FLOP (25.5BB) : 9 :spade: 4 :diamond: 3 :spade: . BB HERO bets 9BB, CO raises to 27BB, BB HERO folds...

Linecheck??? Pre could be a bit loose, but don't think it's best to just flat an ISO after a limp OOP. On the flop though, given the pressumable ranges, i should have range/nuts advantage and so it's really weird for CO to be raising it here. I think it's really unlikely that he's doing that with 88 or even A9s (as worse for value), while even though i would think JJ+ are 4betting it pre (JJ are prob close, QQ IMO goes for it), i could believe slowplayed AA or something... Decided to make a tight fold right there on the flop and not commit myself to the pot. Would like to hear your thoughts on the hand :)

Thank you for responses! :)
    • 3bet good. Flop cbet good.

Your fold to raise is too tight in a GTO perspective (if we cbet those AK/AQ, KQs, etc) and probably too tight in a practical perspective. Thing is you lose to not many combos (#3 99, and some non-full combos of 33-44, some JJ) and pot is already quite big/SPR low. We should just jam and that's it. We lose to some combos, we flip vs some FDs, we crush 9x sometimes, and we are quite happy when villain folds some random OCs (protection is relevant here).