B/B/F 2P VS River Donk

• B/B/F 2P VS River Donk

New

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

SB: $50.25 (100.5 bb)
      BB: $119.12 (238.2 bb)
      Hero (MP): $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)
      BTN: $63.61 (127.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with :qd :ac
      Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) :9s :ah :qs (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.31, BB calls $2.31

Turn: ($7.87) :kc (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $6.50, BB calls $6.50

River: ($20.87) :6s (2 players)
      BB bets $9.90, Hero folds

Linecheck??? Feels so nitty to fold strong 2P to 1/2 river donk, but i don't really see what natural bluffs are possible here as played ?(

Thank you for responses! :)
    • New

painlezz wrote:

I think that you are strong enough to overbet the turn. Villain shouldn’t have JTo and no AK, 99 is raising the flop pretty often
      That's a really good point! For some reason in-game felt like not the best card for my range, but if anything, it improves AK in my range, while both of us should have only 4xJTs, so yeah OVB sounds nice :)

painlezz wrote:

River is ugly but should save you a lot of money if you play against a regular
      On blank rivers i think we're going far both vs checks and vs donks, as we established, just not much (if anything) that beats us, given that villain doesn't have much+would raise it before most likely too...

But on rivers like this, vs a donk seems like a fold, but if we're checked to again, could we be looking for some thinner value still:
      1) is it strong enough to bet at all, given that we should potentially face x/raises, which makes our equity required to bet for value become even higher?
      2) if we're indeed betting, seems like a pretty clear b/f, but what size makes the most sense? We would be targetting something like Ax/weaker 2P i suppose.

Thank you for responses! :)
    • New

1) one important point to notice is that the fact that the A on the table is not from the flush makes a huge difference in the amount of flush combos in villain's range. If flop was AsQh9s, by the river villain would have very few flushes. As it stands he has a few. Still I think we should be able to bet a 3rd, at least exploitatively for a smaller size. GTOish I am very unsure, I'd have to check. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a check back.
      2) 1/3-1/2 seems good.