Preflop: Hero is BB with :6s :ks
      3 folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1

Flop: ($3) :2s :9s :7d (2 players)
      SB bets $2.85, Hero calls $2.85

Turn: ($8.70) :6d (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($8.70) :6c (2 players)
      SB bets $8.27, Hero calls $8.27

Villain is probably fish, but not 100% sure. No further reads.

I think vs reg, River is just a call, but against fish, do you think I can raise River for value here?
    • Until river seems good.

Agree that against reg you probably cannot raise. Against fish is closer. Of course it depends on how many off suit 6x he has (like 86o, Q6o, J6o, etc). He will have some A6 and some boats/straights. What I do know is that if you are raising you should be going all in. I get the impression that everytime i don't jam here i regret it, they always find some really stupid thing to do, like you jam and he snaps AA or whatever.
    • What sizing do you choose against regs @mnl1337 ? Since SB just limped, we don't expect him to have Overpairs, right? so we want him to maybe level him into calling 9x and worse 6x, which seems a bit thin.

Against: Ah6h, Kh6h, Qh6h, Jh6h, Th6h, 9h6h, 8h6h, 7h6h, 6h5h, 6h4h, 6h3h, 6h2h, Ad6h, As6h, Ac6h

which could take this line, we have exactly 50% equity. He might also have some straights and sets here and there, so we would have to call quite a bit of 9x, to make this a profitable raise.
    • 20$-25$
      I mean he donks the flop and the river potszie. I never saw this from a reg, so its hard to put him on a range. I Would pretty much exclude Ax hands from his range. These try usualy to check down. In the end its blind versus blind and I see people all the time calldown light, also with 9x. I really dont have pretty good fundamental arguments (thats why my previous post was so short :D ), just my experience on this one.
    • chitz wrote:

Against: Ah6h, Kh6h, Qh6h, Jh6h, Th6h, 9h6h, 8h6h, 7h6h, 6h5h, 6h4h, 6h3h, 6h2h, Ad6h, As6h, Ac6h

which could take this line, we have exactly 50% equity
      Once again, i have a few problems with this range :D I would guess you rather started assigning villain combos on the river street, but i think some of them doesn't make much sense, if we look through the entire hand - A :heart: 6 :heart: / K :heart: 6 :heart: / Q :heart: 6 :heart: / J :heart: 6 :heart: / 6 :heart: 5 :heart: / 6 :heart: 4 :heart: / 6 :heart: 3 :heart: / 6 :heart: 2 :heart: / A :diamond: 6 :heart: / A :spade: 6 :heart: / A :club: 6 :heart: - these hands potting the flop??? No... :D Mayyybe A :spade: 6 :heart: with a BDNFD, but that's still an interesting like to take to say the least. Even 9 :heart: 6 :heart: and 7 :heart: 6 :heart: - doubt that's potting flop too, but even if it did, then checking turn after hitting 2 pair doesn't sound consistant at all, unless of course going for turn x/r and river a house... anyways, just 2 combos to begin with...

As played, would agree with @poop_scoop that everything until the river looks good and i would also look to raise vs fish, as for the regs though - even with 97 SB can't go nuts on the river as there are overpairs in your range that you do win with on river. SBs bluffs will obviously fold, but do you have over 50% against the range that bet/calls you on the river? IMO should have some straights & houses as slowplays / turn x/raises, so those do beat you. VIllain should also have all the 86 combos, but given blockers it's only 4 of them possible, so as you wrote we should expect quite a lot of pot/x/pot>calling with weaker, but what's weaker out there? Since i was sceptical even about 97s that makes me question naked 9x even more... I guess i agree with @'mnl1337''s exploitative reasons (weird line for a reg to take), guess not raising river is a bit nitty, but overall i'd think it's not a 100% fist pump value raise, but rather closer :)

Looking forward to hear more thoughts on the hand :)