Facing Triple Lead With Trips

• Facing Triple Lead With Trips

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

SB: $51.31 (102.6 bb)
      BB: $67.70 (135.4 bb)
      UTG: $63.19 (126.4 bb)
      Hero (MP): $56.20 (112.4 bb)
      CO: $50.75 (101.5 bb)
      BTN: $59.86 (119.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with :7h :9h
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.50, CO folds, BTN calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($6) :5c :9c :9s (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50, 2 folds

Turn: ($13) :3h (2 players)
      BB bets $7, Hero calls $7

River: ($27) :as (2 players)
      BB bets $18, Hero folds

Linecheck??? Seems nitty, but don't really see many bluffs, especially once it went 4-ways to the flop - i think missed clubs and/or gutshots will not barrel river often at all. On the other hand, most of 9x hands have better kickers.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts, than you for responses! :)
    • Man..... I prob need a vacation or a head surgery.... Or rather check my fundamentals, as i'm totally different dimension in terms of my hand strength/value :/

I've just read the post on another hand where i did improve to 2-pair on the turn in HU 3bet pot and it turns out that folding turn isn't really bad, while here we start the flop 4-ways in a spot where pretty much every player has trips in his range and here i should go for a raise...??? ?( Trying to be as open-minded as i can, so maybe there are some obvious things that i'm missing.

As for the reads - nothing that would indicate that villain was too aggro or fishy, rather your everyday unknown/regular. Vs fishy/spazzy player i'm of course not going anywhere and raising also makes sense, if i'm beat, so be it, but raising at least gets value from worse/denies equity, but i was under the impression that this leading range should already be somewhat tight... Like i honestly can't see a random 5x doing this EVER and, for my own defence (trying to keep it positive still :D ) i suppose having 7 :heart: doesn't help either, because a) it's one of the weakest kickers possible, so no way i'm beating other 9x b) even though i was a bit skeptical about the FDs/GSs part, with 7 i actually block 67/78 type of hands too...

Thank you for feedback guys, hopefully you can show me where i'm losing track with the thought process! :)
    • You are correct in realizing that in a 4way pot, trips with no kicker is not a stack off hand against a regular player.

So, if BB is a regular I think you are correct in not raising flop.

Turn, it is true that his sizing is on the smaller side, so I agree with chief that exploitatively it is probably best to raise, but my plan would be to check back river.

As played, river, again small size, I think I would not be able to fold. A decent regular with a good 9x or a FH should know that he should bet bigger to get value from 9x. So he might be a bit random, so we justify the call. But I would only hate your fold if villain is completely unknown or suspected fish.