SRP BBvBU @140bb 4betting Top 2Pair on the Flop

• SRP BBvBU @140bb 4betting Top 2Pair on the Flop

SB: $108.66 (108.7 bb)
      Hero (BB): $142.67 (142.7 bb)
      BTN: $268.81 (268.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :tc :ad
      BTN raises to $2.20, SB folds, Hero calls $1.20

Flop: ($4.90) :ts :ac :6c (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.46, Hero raises to $10.87, BTN raises to $23.50, Hero raises to $49.33

Edit: villain is reg.
      What's the plan against his 3b on the flop? I think in general 4betting on the Flop is quite unusual, so I'm not sure if it's ok here, might be better to just call with this hand, since I block some Flush runouts.
    • XR flop is good, although you will get many ugly runouts here, so just calling and raising good turns is an option as well.

When he 3bets it's only strong enough to 4b if you think he has A6o in his range. [Or if he has tons of draws, but that's very unlikely]. But then if he has A6, you really want to 4bet.

So it's really up to that specific hand I believe what the best play is.
    • lnternet wrote:

XR flop is good, although you will get many ugly runouts here, so just calling and raising good turns is an option as well
      I thought the fact that there are so few blanks here (K/Q/J/9/8/7/6/clubs put straights/flushes, K/Q/J are also particularly not nice as it improves villain to better 2P given he has those in range) would make us rather put more money in the pot ASAP, is that bad/incorrect? Why would you prefer just flatting on such wet board and raise blank turns instead (there are not a lot of BLANKS anyway, it seems)?

Also, given how deep hero and villain are, it seems like a really small flop 3bet size by villain, can we read anything into that???

Thank you!
    • motiejus wrote:

I thought the fact that there are so few blanks here (K/Q/J/9/8/7/6/clubs put straights/flushes, K/Q/J are also particularly not nice as it improves villain to better 2P given he has those in range) would make us rather put more money in the pot ASAP, is that bad/incorrect? Why would you prefer just flatting on such wet board and raise blank turns instead (there are not a lot of BLANKS anyway, it seems)?

If you were short and could just jam flop for ~pot size, that would clearly be best. But here we are deep so that we can't avoid playing a river. The question is then, do you rather play a river on a likely bad board where you have a small pot (after check-call, check-call, check-) or where you have a big pot (after check-raise, bet, check-)?

Basically our river hand strength here is not gonna be nice to play in most spots, which means it's just not a good hand, which means we shouldn't build a pot early on.

That's not the whole story; we also have 20% nut equity to top full house and some nice runouts. So raising is absolutely fine. But the fact that many cards are bad for us is a reason not to raise when deep, rather than a reason to raise.