KK OOP In SRP Spot

• KK OOP In SRP Spot

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

SB: $50.25 (100.5 bb)
      BB: $48.20 (96.4 bb)
      UTG: $63.73 (127.5 bb)
      Hero (MP): $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $54.25 (108.5 bb)
      BTN: $51.75 (103.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with :ks :kd
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, 3 folds

Flop: ($3.75) :ts :4h :4c (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, CO calls $2

Turn: ($7.75) :5c (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.50, CO calls $5.50

River: ($18.75) :ah (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $10, Hero calls $10

Linecheck??? Villain - decent/good regular. Pre and Flop STD. Turn still a clear v-bet i assume. River is weird - i don't really see what villain can be bluffing with (should be turning pairs into a bluff???), at the same time what does he have for value either? Random Ax shouldn't be floating twice vs my bigger flop and turn bets, 4x is very unlikely from preflop, maybe slowplayed TT...? What do you guys think?

Thank you for responses! :)
    • bet, bet, check line looks fine.

For value villain mainly has TT, ATs, 55, AcJc, AcQc (and sometimes A4s and 54s, but I would discount those, I don't see people flatting those pre too often) on the river. Considering his small size I would think he has AJ or AQ.

For bluffs: He could call Flop and Turn with 2 Overcards in clubs, so I think it is good that you dont have Kc. Also he could Turn Tx into bluff, but I wouldn't expect that.

If villain only uses this sizing, then I think it is a fold. If you think he bets bigger with his nutted hands most of the time, then I think calling is ok. Overall I would probably fold here.
    • Interesting spot

Like chitz wrote AJcc AQcc and TT, but hard to say if villain coldcalls them or 3bets.
      AK is also possible. You never know.
      In btn i would say coldcall yes, but in cutoff i expect these hands to 3bet. Reason for coldcall would be if theres a good spot sitting in the blinds.

I think Tx is a better bluffcatcher than any KK combo?

As for bluffs, yes i also think that there arent enough natural bluffs like KJcc QJs etc, since i assume these type of hands to 3bet?

I think this spot is too underblufft.
      He has too much possible value hands and not enough bluffs (like you said, he needs to turn PPs into bluff, what i dont expect too often).
      For value he possibly *could* have all those combos 44, AA, TT, 55, A4, AT, AK, AJcc, AQcc and maybe also any AQ combo which he decided to peel again on the turn.

So fold is good?
      Also interested in other players opinions.
      bei deinem mindset, wieso openst du solche hands wie 79s
    • Thank you guys, agree with you both!

Yes, as you wrote villain still has way more value possible than i thought before and pretty much everything makes sense.

hard hitta wrote:

I think Tx is a better bluffcatcher than any KK combo?
      I think this is good point in a sense, that it blocks a bit of villain's value combos.

hard hitta wrote:

As for bluffs, yes i also think that there arent enough natural bluffs like KJcc QJs etc, since i assume these type of hands to 3bet?
      Also agree. @chitz mentioned the possibility of Tx being turned into bluff, but i also think it's VERY unlikely.

chitz wrote:

Considering his small size I would think he has AJ or AQ.
      That's indeed what villain had (A :club: J :club: ). I for some reason found it a bit shocking at first, but even vs my bigger sizes on flop and turn this hand is pretty much a STD call, right?

Overall, yes, looks like a river x/f. I wanted to say that i would indeed rather call with Tx, but even though it blocks some combos of value from villain's range (TT/ATs), there' still plenty of value left and not more bluffs in any way, which are unlikely in the first place... Bad :D

Thank you! :)
    • I think this might be a high freq big bet board for MP, since he is uncapped and CO only has 3 combos of TT for big hand. So JJ+ for MP should be almost never beaten.

Turn If we expect CO to bet 99 type hand (and he might for small size) XR could be very good. Bet is fine though. Size I again would lean more to big size.

River I feel like betting again, for maybe half pot, we get called by JJ, T9s. Villain should have almost not Ax. XC seems really not a good plan since we are not expecting any bluffs really. So betting smallish ourselves makes more sense.