Facing A X/J On River In 3bet Pot

• Facing A X/J On River In 3bet Pot

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

SB: $25.10 (100.4 bb)
      BB: $25 (100 bb)
      MP: $34.21 (136.8 bb)
      Hero (CO): $27.18 (108.7 bb)
      BTN: $48.94 (195.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with :ad :qc
      MP folds, Hero raises to $0.70, 2 folds, BB raises to $3, Hero calls $2.30

Flop: ($6.10) :kd :9h :9d (2 players)
      BB bets $1.45, Hero calls $1.45

Turn: ($9) :3h (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($9) :qd (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.10, BB raises to $20.55 and is all-in, Hero folds

Linecheck??? Villain unknown. Pre/flop/turn seems STD. On the river vs yet another check it seems kind of an obvious value-bet, yet IMO it can't be too big, as we're looking to get called by pretty much only TT-JJ combos. Once villain x/j river like that, i think this is literally never a bluff, yet i can only think of a couple of combos of hands (KK/QQ maybe AA) that would play it this way, but all of them are hardly blocked by board and/or my hand, also it's so strange that those wouldn't bet the river themselves after turn went x/x, hoping to put a x/r then ?( EDIT : i guess villain might be putting me on a FD and since it came in on the river he might expect to make more by x/raising, than by betting out himself...

Thank you for responses! :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by motiejus ().

• With this line villain reps mostly QQ. Flushes would probably just bet River instead of check raise.

Imo what makes this spot a bit tricky is your small river bet. From BB's perspective, this never looks like a flush, mostly just Kx or Qx, so maybe he decides to spazz-jam to make you fold those hands. Since you block QQ I don't think herocalling here is too crazy.

Not sure if we can bet bigger with AQ, seems a bit thin, since I would expect villain to check Turn and River with alot of Kx. Also we just get value from TT, JJ and maybe some weaker Pocket Pairs.
    • motiejus wrote:

chitz wrote:

Imo what makes this spot a bit tricky is your small river bet. From BB's perspective, this never looks like a flush, mostly just Kx or Qx, so maybe he decides to spazz-jam to make you fold those hands. Since you block QQ I don't think herocalling here is too crazy.
      Should we ask @painlezz what he thinks about it? :D
      going to tell you, nobody will bluffjam river. NO PROBLEMO! I am outta here again :)
      "Spiele nl100/200/500 Zoom agressives Konzept"