Linecheck In A 4bet Pot

• Linecheck In A 4bet Pot

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

Playing regular 50NL 6-max on microgaming, anonymous. HERO is BB with J :diamond: T :diamond: , 121BBs effective.

UT folds
      MP folds
      CO folds
      BU folds
      SB raises to 3BB
      BB HERO raises to 9.5BB
      SB raises to 22.5BB
      BB HERO calls.

FLOP (45BB) : T :heart: 3 :spade: 4 :spade: . SB checks, BB HERO bets 16.5BB, SB calls.
      TURN (78BB) : 5 :heart: . SB checks, BB HERO bets 82BB and is all in.

Linecheck???

Pre-flop - looks STD.
      Flop - since i would expect villain to bet most if not all of his value combos on the flop (though would expect same from bluffs too), decided to bet for small size for protection/value.
      Turn - at first (on the flop) i wasn't planning to be betting myself that much more/further, yet since villain range looks mostly like AK type of stuff, i figured it might just be the best option to bet again for value/protection as AK picks up a gutshot, plus it might have turned a FD as well, though with 1SPR left bet smaller to fold seems really bad option, therefore decided to GII myself.

What do you guys think about my decisions and how would you have played it here?

Thank you for responses! :)

P.S. Please share your thoughts as is, but then what also do you think about the result from the spoiler??? THANK YOU :)

Display Spoiler

SB Did end up calling down my turn jam and showed A :club: T :club: , which i was really surprised to see - haven't put it as possible hand for villain to have here and therefore i guess my decisions aren't correct, what do you think?

• New

pre flop good.

Flop bet vs skip is good, I would make it 13bbs as default, your size is fine.

Turn, hmm, with AT this is clear jam i think. With JT it's closer. We need to be at least 50% vs calling range to be a value jam, not sure we have that, villain would have to call a lot of AK. I guess some might. Maybe best option is to bet small again.

Display Spoiler
      Well, he can definitely have some KTo type hand, we should consider that possibility. So again, that makes our turn jam probably too optimistic
    • New

poop_scoop wrote:

We need to be at least 50% vs calling range to be a value jam, not sure we have that, villain would have to call a lot of AK. I guess some might. Maybe best option is to bet small again.
      1) As established, turn jam is most likely too thin, but, just generally, when the idea of denying villain's equity (so just taking the pot down, getting 100% of it) is as important, given how big the pot is on the turn already?
      2) What size bet would be suitable here? Subsequently, what do we actually expect/want - calls or folds (from a hand like AK most likely, others should probably have a more clear decision either way)?
      3) If our smaller turn bet is called and river is a blank, given the very small SPR by that point (like 0.5 or so?) i'm certain it can't be a value-push at that point, but would the idea of trying to get bluffcatched by AK, that is getting good odds, ever make sense?

Thank you!
    • New

motiejus wrote:

poop_scoop wrote:

We need to be at least 50% vs calling range to be a value jam, not sure we have that, villain would have to call a lot of AK. I guess some might. Maybe best option is to bet small again.
      1) As established, turn jam is most likely too thin, but, just generally, when the idea of denying villain's equity (so just taking the pot down, getting 100% of it) is as important, given how big the pot is on the turn already?2) What size bet would be suitable here? Subsequently, what do we actually expect/want - calls or folds (from a hand like AK most likely, others should probably have a more clear decision either way)?
      3) If our smaller turn bet is called and river is a blank, given the very small SPR by that point (like 0.5 or so?) i'm certain it can't be a value-push at that point, but would the idea of trying to get bluffcatched by AK, that is getting good odds, ever make sense?

Thank you!
      1) protection is one of the reasons for betting yes. But how good is your bet as protection depends on how many worse combos are you making villain fold and how much equity those hands have against yours. That can be roughly calculated, but it kinda works like if it was a value bet, in a sense that you need villain to fold a significant amount of equity, and that also goes along with your equity against villain continuing range. In short, protection is a reason for betting, but you need in most spots decent equity against continuing range, protection alone usually is not enough.
      2) 1/4-1/3, putting Ax on a tough spot, it really doesn't like call or fold.
      3) Not sure, without reads i probably wouldn't do it, but it kinda makes sense that some villains call too much given the odds.