Preflop: Hero is UTG with :qc :ac
      Hero raises to $1, 4 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25) :6d :ad :8h (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.71, BB calls $0.71

Turn: ($3.67) :7c (2 players)
      BB bets $1.15, Hero raises to $4.50, BB raises to $16, Hero folds

Villain is probably reg.

Pre and Flop are std.
      Turn I think his donk is interesting. His size is quite small, not sure what he wants to rep here. To me it lookes like he wants to get a cheap river card with a Draw. Are you guys just calling here or is raising for thin value fine? Against 3b I just have a bluffcatcher, but I don't think villain bluffs enough here.
    • 2BB UT Open pre-flop, no idea if it's better or worse, but certainly not standard i would think.

Flop - not sure if i like the 1/3 cbet - not that i'm against it, but just seems like not getting enough value with essentially TPTK, min-raise pre, 1/3 flop... Did a quick manual calldown vs 1/3 and this is what i get :

The amount of combos needed was 116, of course starting range IMO is slightly wider, given 2x open pre, but the hands that would be played are indeed those 54s/64s/65s/76s type of SCs which have a super easy x/c, if needed, it's possible to add J8s type of hand(s), yet it's still not making BBs life any worse. So seems that bigger bet would be harder to defend as well.

Turn - well, the turn card IMO clearly favors/improves BBs range more than it does UT, so i don't think it's that crazy for BB to donk it here.

chitz wrote:

To me it lookes like he wants to get a cheap river card with a Draw.
      What if he's inducing...? :D Of course there will be some draws, but the thing is that villain's range improves quite a lot here, he has decent amount of hands that you're already dead or have 3-6 outs against and then there are weaker hands AT THIS POINT, yet they have very good equity vs your hand anyways, so all the hands with cards between 6-T, and then J9-K9s/JTs-KTs diamond combos (other suits don't really reach the turn anyways it looks like) which have gutshots to go with FDs too, so overall i'm not sure if i would be looking to build a bigger pot at that point. Just looking at a few potential scenarios:

1) BB donks turn, you raise, he 3bets - ugly;
      2) BB donks turn, you raise, he calls, river fills a flush or 4 card straight - facing a donk is an obvious fold, yet even vs checks IMO your equity is very low;
      3) BB donks turn, you raise, he calls, river is a blank, BB donks - ??? / BB checks - again, prob better EQ, yet still not amazing;
      4) BB donks turn, you raise, he calls river you hit A or Q, even on those particularly the A i'm not sure it's a clear value-bet still, while you have only 2 clean Q outs;
      5) BB donks turn, you raise, he folds - probably had an unlikely very low equity hand which you probably don't mind letting to just bet the turn and potentially river;

VS

1) BB donks turn, you call, river hits flush or straight - easy fold or check back;
      2) BB donks turn, you call, river comes a blank - reasonable bluffcatching spot, especially if sizing is not too big, probably a check-back vs check, though expecting to win at decent frequency here;
      3) BB donks turn, you call, river comes A or Q, BB donks small, now that's trickier, yet IMO you still don't have >50% vs range that continues vs your raise. If BB checks - pretty clear value bet at this point;

Looking forward to hear more thoughts on the hand! :)