• NL10 - And Another AJ Crying for Help

SB: $8.87 (88.7 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $11.12 (111.2 bb)
      MP: $10 (100 bb)
      CO: $28.72 (287.2 bb)
      BTN: $53.13 (531.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with :as :jc
      Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, SB raises to $0.60, BB folds, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.30) :jh :6c :tc (2 players)
      SB bets $0.62, Hero calls $0.62

Turn: ($2.54) :9s (2 players)
      SB bets $1.22, Hero calls $1.22

River: ($4.98) :7h (2 players)
      SB bets $4.76, Hero calls $4.76

Results:
      Display Spoiler
      $14.50 pot ($0.65 rake)
      Final Board: :jh :6c :tc :9s :7h
      SB showed :7s :7c and won $13.85 ($6.65 net)
      Hero mucked :as :jc and lost (-$7.20 net)

Hi, guys. Would you shove turn? Thanks.
    • whats your thoughts about that preflop 3bet Size? Some Fishy player got every time strong holdings like QQ+ some others are full of weak holdings.

i would prefer to raise flop if i believe that he got a lot of weaker holdings, like JX TX....

if you call flop, i call that Turn and fold the river. Fish dont valuebet thin enough, dont saw KJ QJ often enough to catch River. Completely random Stuff like A7 dont bet River with PS imo.
      For myself i guess that 1/2 1/2 Potsize River Sizings means something, River is pretty polarized and i guess TPTK is not good enough to catch.
    • yeah.rocketscience wrote:

whats your thoughts about that preflop 3bet Size? Some Fishy player got every time strong holdings like QQ+ some others are full of weak holdings
      So how do you decide what kind of range to assign for the villain if the table is unknown? :)

yeah.rocketscience wrote:

i would prefer to raise flop if i believe that he got a lot of weaker holdings, like JX TX....
      a) i don't think that Jx or Tx are such WEAK holdings on this board, but even if it is..
      b) if you think villain is full of it maybe it's better to let him put more money in the pot rather than blow it out?

borabahêa wrote:

Would you shove turn?
      Seems pretty spewy - you would be putting 64BB ON TOP in a 50BB pot in a spot where you probably won't be getting called by worse, especially when holding J :club: so blocking TP+FD n stuff and snapped by better where that better is from overpairs like QQ-KK, to sets, to even KQ straights and vs that range you're virtually dead.
    • Normally wouldn't be continuing with AJo UT v SB preflop, but there are some factors that makes me feel like c3b might be best here:

a) the size villain use ir really small, so you might just have the odds
      b) villain's stack is incomplete, could be an indicator that he's a weaker player
      c) villain is SB, which means that you will have position on him for the rest of the hand
      d) so overall it's a spot where villain with his small 3bet just kinda isolates himself for you to play a pot with him.

Flop - with TPTK you're certainly not bluffing, but to make sure the raise is better than calling (calling is certainly +EV) villain would have to bet/call with worse, so not only his AQ/AK, but also weaker Jx or even Tx, to compensate for all the better hands he's holding. Another thing, as i've said, could he have air here? If so, it might just be best to keep calling, although on such drawy board it's really hard to have air, villain would have to have total airballs like 56s or A5s...
      Turn - Calling seems the best option here.
      River - seems like a fold vs such line/sizings. Even though i'm skeptical that villain would even play overpairs like that, you could make an argument to calldown with sets or JT as those do beat overpairs and AJ. Other than that, you will have straights here yourself to calldown.
    • yeah.rocketscience wrote:

whats your thoughts about that preflop 3bet Size? Some Fishy player got every time strong holdings like QQ+ some others are full of weak holdings.
      I think it depends how weak he is. Some fishy doesn´t know the correct sizes at all.

chief wrote:

Mmh river is just a fold, what were your thoughts?
      I thought I could fold river yes, maybe it would the best but a fishy player could show a JX for value or AXs bluff on the river, so TPTK could be the botton calling range here. I think it really depends on what kind of fishy is he. Ingame I betted he was one of the worst.

The post was edited 1 time, last by borabahêa ().

• borabahêa wrote:

chief wrote:

Mmh river is just a fold, what were your thoughts?
      I thought I could fold river yes, maybe it would the best but a fishy player could show a JX for value or AXs bluff on the river, so TPTK could be the botton calling range here. I think it really depends on what kind of fishy is he. Ingame I betted he was one of the worst.
      If you think villain is bad enough that you can call river, then he is bad enough that you should probably raise small flop for value, and definitely raise turn (not all in, just small raise)