3BP. Flop & Turn Play With Hand AND Range

• 3BP. Flop & Turn Play With Hand AND Range

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

Playing regular 100NL 6-max on microgaming, anonymous. HERO is SB with A :club: 4 :club: , 100BBs effective.

UT folds
      MP folds
      CO raises to 2.5BB
      BU folds
      SB HERO raises to 8.5BB
      BB folds
      CO calls.

FLOP (18BB) : 5 :spade: 6 :spade: 3 :spade: . SB HERO bets 5.5BB, CO calls.
      TURN (29BB) : 2 :heart: . SB HERO checks, CO bets 18BB.

Linecheck??? Pre - STD. Flop - on such texture i'm quite skeptical about still having a range bet or is still STD??? Turn - even though HERO turns the straight:

1) Most of the hands in SBs range should hate this run-out and probably not only can't be betting, but probably have to do bunch of x/folding right there on turn too...???
      2) The betting range on the turn IMO should be really polar at this point as only hands that would clearly want to bet for value would be flushes...???

So how would you generally look at this spot, how would you play it and what would be your primal play on flop, turn and further - x/c turn and have an easy decision on river spades, while on blanks, win the pot if river goes x/x and hate life, but probably call if it goes x/j?

Thank you for responses! :)
    • Ran a quick sim for the spot. Input ranges:

SB : AA-77,AKs-ATs,A5s-A2s,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs,T9s,AKo-AQo,[25.0]66,A9s-A6s,AJo,KQo[/25.0]
      CO : JJ-66,AQs-ATs,A5s-A4s,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs,AQo,[75.0]A9s,T9s,98s,87s,76s,65s[/75.0],[25.0]55,AKs,A3s-A2s[/25.0],[10.0]AA-KK,44[/10.0]

Gave the machine an option to check or bet the flop for 33% size and in that sim it chose to check the flop 97% of the time, so did re-run the sim, forcing SB to always check. Similar thing happened with the COs option to bet the flop for either 33% / 66% or check back and it again almost never used 66%, so again have re-run it again with allowing CO only to bet 33% or check. CO flop play after SB checks [bet 33% - 36.3% / check - 63.7%] :

Interestingly, as CO solver mixes betting and checking hard and that includes checking back with all sorts of hands, up to the nuts

• motiejus wrote:

Interestingly, as CO solver mixes betting and checking hard and that includes checking back with all sorts of hands, up to the nuts

Imo this is not too surprising, because SB range is still uncapped. This is very similar to SRP BUvBB on the same board structure. Small sizing, low frequency and checking roughly 50% of flushes.

You could lock solver into 33% betting range as SB to see how big of a mistake your initial strategy was, my guess would be about 5% EV loss, not terrible but obviously not good since checking range is just as simple as betting range :D . I would also be interested if solver likes my idea of blockbetting turn :) .
    • chitz wrote:

You could lock solver into 33% betting range as SB to see how big of a mistake your initial strategy was, my guess would be about 5% EV loss, not terrible but obviously not good since checking range is just as simple as betting range :D . I would also be interested if solver likes my idea of blockbetting turn :) .
      Sure, once i'm back home :) As for the locking part, yeah ok, will force it to always bet 33% (as i remember the EV of just being allowed to bet 33% which happened only just below 3% of the time with rest checking has an EV of 7.76, but the strat of always checking had also the same EV of 7.76, it's just i ran the initial solve with 0.1% accuracy, while the later ones with 0.5%, but it probably isn't a big deal).

As for the small turn bet as SB, could you confirm what kind of sequence that should happen after - once i force the solver to bet range as SB and CO calls? Also, on the turn we probably don't want to be forcing solver to bet small, but rather see if it does it with the option to, right?