Preflop: Hero is UTG with :9h :9s
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP raises to $1.05, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.25) :6d :tc :2d (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.71, Hero calls $0.71

Turn: ($3.67) :8s (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.79, Hero calls $1.79

River: ($7.25) :5h (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $5, Hero ?(

Hi, guys. Linecheck. Villain: 28/22/10/130 hands. Recent history of 3bets between us. Thanks.
    • Raise Flop for information and cheap Showdown I would suggest. Is your oponent Brave and good enough to go for three streets of value with any ooverpair in this spots but He would fold to shove right? Would He Play a Ak etc. like this. Either fold or shove I would say as played. Edit its Kind of weired he bets this board three Times its semi good for His range. You should hit more nuts on that Board than him.
    • As for the hand itself, pre/flop/turn seems pretty STD - pre calling seems a clear play deeper, on the flop - again, pretty clear call vs small sizing, i guess raising at a small frequency is also possible, but probably not here and not without even holding a diamond, on the turn - again, should certainly be strong enough to continue vs 1/2 as a bluffcatcher with added gutshot equity too. EDIT: not that sure about the turn call actually - i think i still would do it myself, but i'm not sure how often is villain bluffing here, while our outs and equity realization kind of sucks.... Finally, on the river you just have a pot odds' vs equity spot computation - i think villain can and absolutely will go b/b/b with QQ+ (certainly KK+) as for the hands that do beat him you should have only slowplayed AA once in a while, TT and maybe a combo of 88 too. Still IMO it would be bad for him to start checking back very strong hands because "you might be slowplaying something".

One thing that i'm not entire sure about:

rigged31 wrote:

Raise Flop for information and cheap Showdown
      Raising flop for information, IDK how exactly that works, but x/raising the flop in 3BP (which means the pot is already bigger compared to SRP, stack-to-pot ratio is smaller), OOP (which means you're not even closing the action on that particular street) with two more streets to come after that, i doubt that would help get to showdown cheaply ;D

The post was edited 1 time, last by motiejus ().