NL10 - RCB/Shove

    • NL10 - RCB/Shove

      New

      SB: $19.97 (199.7 bb)
      BB: $18.95 (189.5 bb)
      UTG: $11.97 (119.7 bb)
      Hero (MP): $32.49 (324.9 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)
      BTN: $20.49 (204.9 bb)

      Preflop: Hero is MP with :kc :ks
      UTG raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.60

      Flop: ($1.95) :3d :9c :2h (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.02, UTG raises to $3.20, Hero calls $2.18

      Turn: ($8.35) :4s (2 players)
      UTG bets $7.87, Hero ?(

      Hi, guys. Villain is unknown. Thanks.
    • New

      chitz wrote:

      Would you like to share your thoughts here?
      Sure. I think we have a dry board and he doesn´t have so many draws, especially if we think about EP calling range against MP 3bet. In contrast, he should not have all sets here and very very rarely 2 pairs. The big questions are: does he call pre with AA or 65s? Could he play QQ, JJ like this? Does he raise 99 on this dry board? Without any information about the guy I think it´s a difficult spot.
    • New

      Since your line is pretty standard there should be no question regarding it. This makes the Hand pretty easy to analyze.

      1) Think about how far up you are in your range estimate your weakest hand to defend vs good unknown player ( = how much do you have to defend, to not give villain autoprofit by jamming any2)
      2) Open equilab and give villain some ranges and try to find some ranges where the EV of calling with KK is 0. Then ask yourself if your villain is likely to play like this. If not, do you think his range is weaker or stronger? Adjust your decision based on that.
    • New

      1) I think on this board my best hands are the big overpairs like 12 combos of AA and KK and 4 combos of QQ (some QQ I call pre). I´m not sure if I can do this mathematical reasoning but I have 33% of pot odds so I have to call my best 67% hands (can I do this?). So it´s about 11 combos, 6 AA and 5 KK. We don´t have flush draws on board so I really don´t know how I can choose which KK I should fold. Maybe with a spade are the bests combos to call because they don´t block BDFD and BDST like a hand as AKs of diamonds, clubs or hearts. I´m not sure.
      2)

      chitz wrote:

      Open equilab and give villain some ranges and try to find some ranges where the EV of calling with KK is 0.
      Sorry, I´m not sure I understood. When we talk about hands he has 65s and A5s that we are dead but if we talk about ranges I can´t see a range only with these hands. So I think we always have some equity.

      chitz wrote:

      Then ask yourself if your villain is likely to play like this. If not, do you think his range is weaker or stronger? Adjust your decision based on that.
      I think you are trying to say that when villain has the nuts on this board he would not play like this because he wants to be paid. Right?
      I tried to Equilab. Can he have so many bluffs?

      Board: 3d2h9c4s
      Equity
      MP2 66.84% 66.84% 0.00% { 99, 33-22, AdAh, AdAs, A5s, 65s, 54s, 32s, 7d6d, 7h6h, 7c6c, Ad4d, Ah4h, Ac4c, Ah3h, Ac3c, Ad2d, Ac2c }
      MP3 33.16% 33.16% 0.00% { KsKc }
    • New

      1)
      On the Flop villain raises 3$ into a 3$ pot (including your bet) this means, if he does that with 0% Equity (a pure bluff), then his bluff would generate 0 EV, if you defend 50% of your range. if you defend less, then villain has can do this all the time with any2 and will take your money. To find more about this topic, google Minimum Defense Frequency(MDF).

      2)
      You assign a value range to villain, 99, 65s, A5s, JJ....
      Then you give him some bluffs and look how many hands he has to bluff, to make KK a good call vs his entire range.

      You can do this with different value ranges, just play around in equilab. Obviously you wanna be as realistic as possible, so giving villain hands like 92o is kinda dumb.

      When you did those things, you can ask yourself if villain overbluffs or underbluffs and come to a conclusion based on that.



      I can't tell you if the range for villain is good, I don't know him or your playerpool. But I think he doesnt have that much value hands in his range. You can't just give villain ALL the strong hands, you have to consider previous action.
    • New

      Can't catch a break for some time now, so get to second guess some spots, but it's a snap GII > move on type of hand, or i'm i missing something here...?

      Villain's value range is super narrow here IMO, there are no 2P in UTs oppening, let alone c3b vs MPs 3bet ranges, same with A5s and 65s, i could give it total 1 combo of those. After that it's only 99 and AA that do beat you, but even if we think that villain has ALL of it pre (no AA 4bet, certainly not 100%) and plays ALL of it this way (again, certainly not 100%), there are total 9 combos of it, which, considering our pot odds (32.6%), means that we need just 4.5 combos of worse and there are 18 combos of TT-QQ to chose from, not even considering random AK or any other bluffing hand.

      Also, villain's line doesn't seem nutted, rather a some kind of vulnerable hand, looking to GII asap. Of course i could see both 99 and AA played like that from time to time (i'd guess AA even more frequently), but it might just be JJ-QQ type of hand, that after seeing the flop has decided that it won't fold and just looking to at least put AK in bad spot... Or IDK, once in a lifetime get KK to fold? :D

      Even vs worst case scenario of all KK-AA/99 and 1xA5s you almost get the odds to continue (pic below) if villain has just 4 combos of worse (in this case 4xQQ).

      Vs "more reasonable" 50% of only AA/99 just 2 combos of worse needed, IMO that's absolutely possible.

    • New

      borabahêa wrote:

      Board: 3d2h9c4s
      Equity
      MP2 66.84% 66.84% 0.00% { 99, 33-22, AdAh, AdAs, A5s, 65s, 54s, 32s, 7d6d, 7h6h, 7c6c, Ad4d, Ah4h, Ac4c, Ah3h, Ac3c, Ad2d, Ac2c }
      MP3 33.16% 33.16% 0.00% { KsKc }
      In fact I gave him a wide range because he showed a peculiar hand...

      SB: $19.97 (199.7 bb)
      BB: $18.95 (189.5 bb)
      UTG: $11.97 (119.7 bb)
      Hero (MP): $32.49 (324.9 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)
      BTN: $20.49 (204.9 bb)

      Preflop: Hero is MP with :kc :ks
      UTG raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.60

      Flop: ($1.95) :3d :9c :2h (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.02, UTG raises to $3.20, Hero calls $2.18

      Turn: ($8.35) :4s (2 players)
      UTG bets $7.87, Hero calls $7.87

      River: ($24.09) :jd (2 players)

      Results:
      Display Spoiler
      $24.09 pot ($1.08 rake)
      Final Board: :3d :9c :2h :4s :jd
      UTG showed :3c :2c and won $23.01 ($11.04 net)
      Hero showed :kc :ks and lost (-$11.97 net)
    • New

      It's whatever now, you shouldn't go crazy with assumptions because one postle showed up with nonsense in a spot where ranges are really narrow.

      However you should do a few things after such showdown:

      1) clearly mark and note the guy ;
      2) if he's opening UT that wide and then calling 3bets vs MP no problem, you increase your 3/4bet sizings with value hands against him (if not you're just missing value) ;
      3) also you should 3bet (at least, i can't yet know what his own 3betting range does look like, so can't advise same for 4betting just yet) thinner hands, especially if you're in later positions which could assure you as few people are left to act behind and that you have position on the guy in case it goes post-flop ;
      4) you also could try to notice is he ever bluff raising post-flop too. If not - you give him credit in times he raises and you play accordingly vs his even more weak x/calling ranges.
    • New

      I am not so sure this is a a call the guy Plays from utg vs a 3 bet oop. I mean he could deside to get Queens in but his line Looks super nutish.

      Maybe decend enough Chance random nl 10 fishes overplay some pairs Ace 9.. but often fish just stay passive with These medium good Hands. But if fold you have to fold flop Right away that doesnt feels good either. But Maybe Right People dont like to bluff in 3bet pot OOP. Sick he showed a 23 here, but has huge Suck out EV and hidden nut potential Maybe future Ev also true Maniac fish Image or Mongo Tilt your Opponent can also help. I some how like it. :D