Preflop: Hero is MP with :jd :js
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) :2d :jc :qc (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.45, BB calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.55) :qd (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.78, BB calls $1.78

River: ($5.11) :jh (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero ?(

Hi, guys. I think we should bet 20-33% of the pot here because he can raise with his draws and QX. What do you think? We are deep. Villain is unknown. Thanks.

The post was edited 1 time, last by borabahêa ().

• Pre - STD.

Flop - i like to bet it as big as possible, you do block 2nd pair hard, but it's not what you're targeting with a big bet, there are plenty TPs and draws (open-enders, gutshots, FDs) possible and they all would call your flop bet, so i don't mind even potting it.

Turn - IDK, here i think i like a smaller bet actually - draws have 0% equity vs your hand, but you're IP and you want to still keep them involved, also on such drawy board (BDF coming into play as well) you might even get x/raised by better Qx after the smaller bet.

River - lets breakdown villain's range and see if we can come up with best bet size option:

a) draws - all have missed, can't call, only x/r river as a bluff, but IMO that's very unlikely on such run-out (and all the 10NL - passive player pool kind of reads). Also missed draws are some of the worse bluffing candidates on the river due to their reverse-blockage of draws that HERO might bet/fold. Counter-fit pockets (TT and worse) same thing - clear x/f.

b) 22 specifically - loosing to any Jx and Qx, essentially no worse hand on the river that would bet/call and lose to 22 which makes it just a bluff-catcher even once facing a river bet from MP, let alone x/r it for value.

c) Qx - Villain has quite a few of those and since Qx on the river is losing ONLY to 1 particular combo of JJ, while it splits with or beats EVERYTHING else i think i like just over-bet jamming the river as i can't really see Qx folding.
    • Flop std.

Turn i would bet normal, no real point to start targeting directly Qx here. Well if you want to do that, then overbet bigger.

River i guess we could do some fancy thing and expect him to raise Qx, he can also call some A high, so should be good to bet something like 1/3.

Other possibility is to just overbet jam directly, i doubt anyone here is folding Qx. Smaller bet will have a bit higher EV i think.