3BP. Villain Goes Nuts

• 3BP. Villain Goes Nuts

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

Playing regular 50NL 6-max on Party Poker. HERO is BU with K :diamond: J :club: , 100BBs effective. Villain - SB - unknown / regular.

UT folds
      MP folds
      CO folds
      BU HERO raises to 2BB
      SB raises to 7.6BB
      BB folds
      BU HERO calls.

FLOP (16.2BB) : 8 :diamond: 4 :heart: J :diamond: . SB checks, BU HERO checks.
      TURN (16.2BB) : 3 :heart: . SB bets 23BB, BU HERO calls.
      RIVER (62.2BB) : A :spade: . SB bets 69.4BB and is all in, BU HERO...?

Linecheck???

Pre - STD.

Flop - not sure what's SB's flop strategy, but since i don't really want to face a x/r and because my hand doesn't need that much protection (AK and KQ drawing really thin vs my hand, only cards i would want to protect against are Q and A and vs specifically AQ hand), decided that i can play it deceptively and have a nice hand to easily calldown potential future barrels or certainly value-bet later in the hand, because IP anyways. Thoughts?

Turn - villain 1.4 x'es the turn, not really sure what that means, but mostly a hand that's trying to make up for a missed flop x/r, like QQ/AJ...? Not really sure about bluffs, but could also possibly be some turned heart draws like A5s, AQs, AKs maybe? Still can't really fold, can't really jam, only call possible?

River - villain jams for just over the pot :

a) what do we think his range looks like?
      b) what does our range look like?
      c) what do we do with our actual hand?
      d) what would we be calling the river with if we fold this?

Thank you for responses! :)
    • Flop check is ok to mix in but of course betting is more standard.

Turn jam only good if you think he can have QJ/JT as well, which at NL50 I doubt he would overbet that thinly. So call yeah.

River you obviously are bluffcatching. I still doubt he goes thinly though with something like QQ KK here, even A5 A2 he might not jam. You can have AXhh too. His AQ AK don't bluff turn like this... So his value range is narrow. AJ fits perfectly but that's almost it.

For bluffs, he could have any two really.. but does he do it enough? No idea.
    • lnternet wrote:

Flop check is ok to mix in but of course betting is more standard
      What size seems best? Also, still clear c vs flop x/r..? Do we expect enough worse hands in case villain follows up with a turn jam (seems like a most likely scenario in case flop goes x>b>r>c) ?

lnternet wrote:

even A5 A2 he might not jam. You can have AXhh too. His AQ AK don't bluff turn like this... So his value range is narrow.
      1) Is it a turn call even with A :heart: X :heart: , unless we have a pair or gutter to go along with it? We need 37%+ given pot odds, do we have that much? Villain having some A5s A2s type of hands helps a bit, but there shouldn't really be no worse heart FDs as pretty much every possible one does have a gutter or open-ender, so it should cbet flop most likely to begin with?
      2) as for AQ AK hands, had only those in hearts as possible turn bombs if any and those i'd expect to still jam river with for value as 2 better combos.
    • Flop bet 1/3 good, 1/3 possible. Vs flop XR you call of course, then turn jam on safe cards call and on wet cards it's interesting. It's possible his flop XR is quite tight and you don't really want to stack off even on safe boards. But that means he XR very little, which is good for you overall, just not good when he does it and you have KJ QJ JT stuff.

Turn with Ax of heart you have the best hand sometimes and river check-check, that's why you should have a +EV call vs turn overbet. Like he can have 76 65 QT type stuff.