Preflop: Hero is BTN with :ah :jd
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.22, Hero calls $0.22, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.59) :6c :5c :kh (2 players)
      CO bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28

Turn: ($1.15) :qh (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.36, CO calls $0.36

River: ($1.87) :th (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.90, CO raises to $3.59, Hero ?(

Hi, guys. First of all I´m not sure if I can call flop without clubs and on the turn I should bet bigger on this drawy board. River I think I cannot call only with flushes because he has other draws but it´s very rare a reraise bluff on the river in NL10. First I thought that it was good to have the A :heart: because it blocks many of his flushes but in fact it´s very bad because it blocks some bluffs too! What do you think? Villain: 21/16/RFI co 21/cb oop 87/Agg 4,7/961 hands. Thanks.
    • Not really sure about either of the streets :

Pre-flop - you're both deeper, you also have incomplete stacked SB, IDK, calling probably just fine, i would consider 3betting though...

Flop - feels like a fold, yes. You should have the best hand sometimes, but you have enough better hands to continue in order to reach MDF, so if anything seems like you would be over-calling.

Turn - not really sure what's the point of a bet - for me it seems like a good old "nothing worse calls, nothing better folds" type of spot.

River - as played you have virtually the nuts considering you hold A :heart: too , not sure what you would want to target though. I probably would just try betting more based on the absolute strength of the hand, but dunno if that's best. Vs a x/r - weird. It's not like you have zero flushes in your range on the river, villain on the other hand shouldn't have really pretty much any, considering the play and blockage - only possible flush combos are 65s 76s 86s 87s 97s 98s J8s and J9s (total 8 combos), however the line that villain took, it doesn't seem consistent at all - all these hands from the flop have either:

- a straight-draw - [87s 97s 98s] bets the flop AND either follows up with a turn bet or even a turn x/r with straight and flush draws, but no SDV ;
      - a pair - [76s 86s] betting bottom pair on the flop and then x/c on the turn with turned FD, possible, but again, doesn't seem like THE PLAY ;
      - two pair - [65s] to bet the flop and then check the turn and then to just call vs 1/3 with bottom two + FD...? Seems so nitty ;
      - air (no SDV hands only with BD potential) - [J8s J9s] looks like either give ups from the flop or multiple barrels with such runout ;

So overall, i don't really think that villain is really ever bluffing here (really random line for a bluff too), but don't really see myself bet/folding here, because as i said nuts are so unlikely IMO, could be same hand or even maybe a bonkers J :club: 9 :club: if we can give villain those combos in hearts.

Finally, not that i would really recommend that, but if you we're even deeper, if total nuts (in this case J :heart: 9 :heart: ) weren't possible and if you had a good read on your opponent (i'd start with him not being a nit, because a river x/r is already very nutted in that case) you might even want to 3bet jam the river repping the nuts that you block, making all villain's hands just a bluff-catcher in a spot where he would need to be good a lot, because he would be risking so much to call.

borabahêa wrote:

First I thought that it was good to have the A because it blocks many of his flushes but in fact it´s very bad because it blocks some bluffs too
      Pretty sure it works like this:

- you want to unblock draws when they miss - 4e - it's bad to have a missed flush draw on the river IP because you block potential barrels from draws that have to x/f river;
      - you want to block draws in case they do come in - 4e - right here you block quite a few A high flushes that would be possible without the other cards blocked by the board, so A2s-A9s and AJs - total 8 combos.

EDIT - what bluff hands do you think are possible to play it this way that you think you're blocking? :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by motiejus ().