• NL10 - Facing Raise Cbet and 2 Barrels on 3BP

Hero (SB): $16.73 (167.3 bb)
      BB: $10.72 (107.2 bb)
      UTG: $30.69 (306.9 bb)
      MP: $11.06 (110.6 bb)
      CO: $20.72 (207.2 bb)
      BTN: $18.02 (180.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :kd :qd
      UTG raises to $0.25, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.95, BB folds, UTG calls $0.70

Flop: ($2) :4s :7d :4d (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.05, UTG raises to $3.05, Hero calls $2.00

Turn: ($8.10) :ks (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

River: ($17.10) :ac (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $22.19 and is all-in, Hero folds

Hi, guys. Linecheck, please. Villain is unknown. Thanks.
    • Pre - STD.

Flop - cbet size - i think it's fine - effective stacks are deeper (167BB), but also, it's a board that should favor the 3bettor, so no issue with betting 1/2 instead of 1/3. Vs x/raise - it's a call with 2 overs and 2NFD, but it's already not looking too exciting - the spot should be clearly underbluffed, if anything you'd be hoping that villain is x/raising for protection purposes too.

Turn - Can't really expect villain to barrel again with TT-QQ on K turn, but not sure if i would advocate for donking either. As played - should be clear call vs 1/2, but again, what is villain barreling with to begin with...?

River - i'd say that's a really fortunate card for you in so many ways and therefore x/f seems totally fine, even though it's again just 1/2 pot size bet :

a) villain is not putting 170BBs postflop on such runout with TT-QQ that's for sure ;
      b) such turn and river should clearly favor HEROs range (only HERO should have KK/AA and even AK here), so the fact that UT is still driving the action makes me feel he's weighted towards nuts HARD ;
      c) villain shouldn't have many combos of nuts, but i could at least see something like 4-5 combos of 44/77/A4s considering you're deeper, while for even potential bluffs, it's just 5 :diamond: 6 :diamond: and maybe 5 :spade: 6 :spade: and even those might not play it this way ;

I would have two much harder questions about this spot:

1) what do we do on blank or even flush rivers vs jam...?
      2) what do we do here in this spot with AK facing river jam...?
    • motiejus wrote:

1) what do we do on blank or even flush rivers vs jam...?
      2) what do we do here in this spot with AK facing river jam...?
      Good questions! I think we are blocking too many draws on this board to call on a blank river and we cannot forget people bluff less than they should on NL10 specially deep so I think river it´s a fold with AK and a call with flush because it´s possible to face a worse one.