4BP. Overpair Facing Turn Jam Deeper

• 4BP. Overpair Facing Turn Jam Deeper

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

Playing regular 20NL 6-max on microgaming. HERO is BU with Q :spade: Q :diamond: , 146BBs effective. UT - unknown. Not 100% which one, but another player (could've been CO) was a non-full stacked passive fish - something to potentially consider ranging UT.

UT raises to 4BB
      MP folds
      CO folds
      BU HERO raises to 10BB
      SB folds
      BB folds
      UT raises to 25BB
      BU HERO calls.

FLOP (51.5BB) : J :club: 8 :spade: 3 :diamond: . UT bets 17BB, BU HERO calls.
      TURN (85.5BB) : 4 :heart: . UT bets 104BB and is all in, BU HERO...?

Linecheck???

Pre - STD (?)

Flop - we're never folding, but could / should we ever raise the flop ?

Turn - (some meta stuff first) - as i mentioned, 4BB UT open is not std, but could've been used because of the fish still left to act; also got a bit intimidated by the jam for a full stack on the turn - i certainly would think that this spot is underbluffed (to start with UT back-4betting pre deeper) and just don't see it often at all - i do have some amount of JJ and AA in my range too...

HERO is getting 35.4% odds on a call. Upon a quick look with equilab, in case we give villain KK+ for value (which IMO is reasonable) we do need at least 8 combos of say AKs and A5s (so full AKs/A5s) or 8 combos of AK (both hands are essentially similar vs QQ with having 6 and 7 outs respectively) - i'm not sure that's very likely - neither hand should be 4betting pre-flop A TON, A5s could jam the turn with added gutshot equity, but AK IMO is indeed rather to check than to just go ahead and shove...

What you you guys think about the spot?

Thank you for responses! :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by motiejus ().

• preflop: i guess the spot is underbluffed so you can discount some kind of hands like A2s-A5s?

Flop: raise flop iam against that, because of Preflop Action and Range vs Range Thoughts. Deep you consider PReflop to flatcall JJ so we got no Sets in our Range.

I dont know the population habits on microgaming,

i just can say about something on Pokerstars NL25 Shorthanded normal Tables: not enough bluffs against UTG IP
      UTG vs 3bet OOP quit to Zero Bluffs

conclusion i like the pretty tight Fold on Turn without Reads