UTG: $20.48 (81.9 bb)
      MP: $11.93 (47.7 bb)
      Hero (CO): $25.52 (102.1 bb)
      BTN: $24.18 (96.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with :qd :qs
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BTN folds, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25) :ks :ts :th (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero ?

Hi, guys. I was thinking about this spot. We have a flop that if we have a good hand like TPTK we would cbet because we have some worse hands to call especially with 2 villains but it´s not the case. With the second pair we should check or cbet small to be paid with worse hands. The problem is: if we bet small we tell them we don´t have a good hand! So what´s the best plan for the hand? Thanks!
    • Pre - STD.

Flop - HU this would be closer, 3-way seems more like a clear check-back. You don't have a 3-street hand, your hand doesn't need protection, you also have a high spade, so BDF comming in is absolutely fine for you too. If you bet, you may or may not get action from worse, but :

a) the defence is tighter in MW pots, so i'd say you're rather going to get folds than calls from worse ;
      b) considering the board, anything that connects as a pair or better (so Kx+) already has you beat ;
      c) the last thing your hand wants to do is bet and face a x/r.

General ideas:

When there are more than 2 players in the pot, in order to be able to bet for value, hands need to have much more equity vs continuing range, because there's much greater probability that at least one player has a very strong hand, so here, even with TPTK 3-way you won't be able to get value for 3 streets on this texture i don't think - strongest hands might not only change on later streets on A/Q/J/9 (gutshots+openender) or spade (flushes), but even if turn & river are blanks, if you go bet/bet/bet, the hands that will be calling you down (or even raising) are mainly going to be Tx, which would beat your TPTK (not to mention w TPTK you'd block TPs you want action from).

"The problem is: if we bet small we tell them we don´t have a good hand!" - try to get rid of this mindset, as it's not only not beneficial, but straight-up wrong:

a) How would you even know that people would interpret a small bet as weak? That's right - you don't.
      b) Even if villains indeed interpret a small bet as a weak hand, how would you know that they knew what to do about it, let alone actually do it? That's right - you don't.

This is rather an exploitative train of thought - you know that i know that you know that i know, kind of crap. However :

a) take this same spot for example - you bet small - can villain actually go bonkers with nothing? Maybe, but in that case you just collect his money IP with TT/TK/KK.
      b) imagine a spot SBvBU 3BP, flop 322r SB range-bets for 1/3 - small bet - must be a weak hand, right? What can BU do about it when SB has TT+ that BU doesn't...? :)
    • In mw pots there is a lot more protection usually, so that being said, where we have big advantage we maybe bet quite same or higher frequency with smaller size.

I am not sure about that of course, just my 2 cents.

In this spot tho, i can't really see a reason to bet exactly QQ, there is protection against pocket pairs and AXs, but clearly no value when called, so it is too thin imo.