Preflop Spot. Facing Cold 4Bet Before Acting

• Preflop Spot. Facing Cold 4Bet Before Acting

Hello guys,

have another hand that i wanted to share with you :)

A bit of an uncommon preflop spot, so wanted to hear your thoughts about it and also will post a spoiler of how the hand went down to hear what you think about it too :)

Playing regular 100NL 6-max on microgaming, anonymous. HERO is BB with A :diamond: K :club: with 146BB. UT - 100BB deep, MP - 206BB deep, SB - 234BB deep, all of them seemed like regulars.

UT raises to 3BB
      MP raises to 9BB
      CO folds
      BU folds
      SB raises to 25BB
      BB HERO...???

So what do we want to do here? Vs UT opener we would have a STD 3bet ; vs MP 3bettor we would still have a cold 4bet, but probably only with KK+ and AK as "bluffs" due to best blockers ; once SB cold 4bets i assume we don't want to have a c4b range, so we would enter the pot only by 5betting and the absolute only hand we could do it with is AA, so even folding KK would be STD? Your thoughts on the spot? :)

Display Spoiler

BB HERO folds
      UT folds
      MP calls.

FLOP (54BB) : 7 :heart: K :diamond: 8 :heart: . SB bets 25.5BB, MP calls.
      TURN (105BB) : 9 :spade: . SB checks, MP checks.
      RIVER (105BB) : T :heart: . SB checks, MP bets 155.5BB and is all in, SB folds.

What do you guys think both SBs and MPs ranges do look like and what do each guy represents?

As always, thank you for responses! :)
    • poop_scoop wrote:

pre flop you jam AA along with like 2 bluff combos of A5s or AK. And fold everything else.
      Or you flat KK+ and a few other combos, not sure what, possibly 76s

Don't think you can fold KK, and it's not great for jam, so that has to flat regardless. And only flatting KK isn't amazing.. I mean it performs fine with ~pot size left but you can probably add in some hands that can bluff vs AK/QQ postflop like 76s and then add in AA cause they don't have much value in a jam anyway.
    • lnternet wrote:

Or you flat KK+ and a few other combos, not sure what, possibly 76s

Don't think you can fold KK, and it's not great for jam, so that has to flat regardless. And only flatting KK isn't amazing.. I mean it performs fine with ~pot size left but you can probably add in some hands that can bluff vs AK/QQ postflop like 76s and then add in AA cause they don't have much value in a jam anyway.
      1) As for KK, what's the plan for the hand - preflop, if we cold-call and face further action, like are we ever folding it afterwards and post-flop, are we set-mining / "A high flop-dodging" here...? Jamming isn't attractive yeah, but just a random thought, what about a small 5bet or something instead?

2) i understand "not wanting" to fold KK pre even after such action, i can only assume it must be based on something like this, right? :)

(KK - HERO /// 14.33% UT RFI /// 3.5% TT+, AK 'MP 3bet' /// 2.34% 1/2 QQ, KK+, AK 'SB cold-bet')

In this case AA also make sense to cold-call (for it's properties, not much value in jamming) as part of this tiny range and not to make it too strong / transparent / obvious adding 76s therefore seems logical too, but i just i can't see myself in game (so not with a range, but a single hand) ever cold calling a 4bet OOP not even completing the action, with 76s :D Pretty much same if i saw someone, especially on anonymous table cold-call a 4bet like that, regardless of that player having AA or 76s, he'd be marked as a major suspect instantly :D
    • New

The 3b range is bit tight, but ok.
      The opening range and 3b range don't make too much sense for the equity calc; mainly vs the 4bet guy is important, and maybe 3way with the 3bettor who then calls.

76s is obviously retarded flat call and you should never do it. But the idea is, you rep KK+, and if your opponents are good enough, the should recognize this. So if they have AK they never jam pre, and if they have QQ they just check/fold all non-set boards. If that's true then 76s (and a bunch of other hands) are +EV calls to rep KK+.