Pinned The intuitive Poker Range Tool - PokerRanger (official thread)

• The intuitive Poker Range Tool - PokerRanger (official thread)

Hey folks,

in this thread we present to you our intuitive range tool PokerRanger.

Free Download

The idea of the tool is simple: It combines features from a lot of other software and enables you to combine them (other tools include Flopzilla, Combonator, Equilab/Pokerstove and to a certain degree even Odds Oracle and Cardrunners EV). Poker players using PokerRanger improve their game understanding a lot and usually beat players without similar learning software.

Some of the most vibrant features include:
      • Basic Range Selection & Storing: You can create ranges and store them in trees to have your standard opening ranges in different situations always tangible
      • Equity Analysis: Of course, you can see the equity of one range against another preflop or on specific flops, turns or rivers. What is absolutely new is that PokerRanger also enables you to see that equity for each particular hand or for each particular hand strength (like pair, twopair etc.) which gives you a more detailed picture of how a range performs against an opponent's range
      • Grouping Ranges (similar to Combonator): When you have a range, you often bet with a specific part but check/call with another. In PokerRanger you can simply describe this with range groups marking different parts of a range with different colors. You can easily switch between groups and create groups by equity, by a specific hand strength (like twopair+) or by other aspects
      • Hand Strengths on Boards (similar to Flopzilla): Like in Flopzilla, you can see how often a range hits a pair, twopair, set etc. on a specific board structure. However, PokerRanger takes card removal effects against the other player's range into account and you can use your results to create new ranges, groups or to make expected value (EV) calculations
      • Simple Expected Value Calculations: This toolset also enables you to answer questions like "Is a bet on this board profitable with my range, when villain folds his pairs, calls his twopairs and raises anything better?" or "Is a bluff raise profitable against his range on this river?". You can even import your existing hand histories from your HEM2/PT4 databases to get the board, Hero's hand and all the pot and bet sizes
      • GTO Equity Graph: There are some insolated tools that offer to show the equity of one range against another as a graph. In PokerRanger, it is an included feature. Run your existing ranges against other player's ranges on specific boards and see whether your equity drops suddenly or goes smoothly down to plan your range setups. This is an important feature for GTO-related calculations
      • Training Functionality: You can train how you perceive the equity of a specific hand that you get against an opponent's range. Again, this feature is combined with all the others of PokerRanger, so that you can train against your previously saved ranges
      • << various other features >>
      You can combine all the features which might be one of the true strengths of this piece of software. Also, we are constantly working to add features, to fix bugs and to improve the user interface to make it even more easier and enjoyable to use.

Here are some screenshots:

Some frequently asked questions:

Q:Can I test it?
      A:Yes, you can test it with full functionality for 21 days.

Q:What platforms are supported?
      A:At the moment it is Windows only.

Q:How much does it cost?
      A:We sell it for 79 USD and also offer purchase in Euro for a corresponding price but might increase prices soon. Our current customers think those prices are very fair considering the functionality and the intuitive user interface

Q:Do I get updates for free?
      A:Yes.

Q:Can I install it on multiple systems?
      A:You can install it on up to two systems.

Q:What if I have a question?
      A:We usually answer within 24 hours and offer support via this thread, our official forum, Facebook, Skype (user: PokerRangerSupport) or e-mail. If wished, we even offer Teamviewer support

You might also check our Facebook page, sometimes we offer free lotteries. Also, there are more screenshots: Facebook

We know there is still a lot of potential which we continuously work on. If you have any suggestions, ideas or questions, feel free to ask anytime!

All the best,
      Michael, PokerRanger founder & developer

The post was edited 1 time, last by eisflamme ().

• eisflamme wrote:

• Grouping Ranges (similar to Combonator): When you have a range, you often bet with a specific part but check/call with another. In PokerRanger you can simply describe this with range groups marking different parts of a range with different colors. You can easily switch between groups and create groups by equity, by a specific hand strength (like twopair+) or by other aspects

Hi, we need a way to add ranges up for example we got a 3b/5b, 3b/c, 3b/f range in different groups but want to calculate our equity vs the whole 3b range. It's getting really annoying to put these ranges together manually.
      du bist einfach so ein menschenverachtender Volltrottel. Hf mit deinen 100K, vllt schämst du dich in 10 Jahren genau wie 9/10 Lesern hier für deine Beträge du sicker Gamer^^^^^^
      -it'sjustabluff
    • Hi,

sorry for the late answer. I have not yet set e-mail notification for the threads.

Adding Ranges:
      You can go to both of the ranges, add the texts to the clipboard and paste it to a new range. That way, the ranges are combined. Otherwise, there is no option yet. We think about offering a multi-group selection for the next PokerRanger version, though.

Coloring:
      Is this information for me, so that we should change something about that? Very open for ideas here!

lust1germolch:
      Usually, you would define a 3b group and then subdivide it into a 3b/c and 3b/f range. Groups can be subdivided as deep as you want to. If you need any information on how to do that, let us know!

All the best,
      Michael
    • Hi Internet,

ok, let's see your formula part for part:

In the case that Player1 4b/folds:
      50% * (17 + 7 + 1)

50% is correct. What you win, though, is 3.5 + 17 - 2 = 18.5. When calculating the EV of a 3-bet, you do not win back what you have invested with the 3-bet. When Player1 4-bets 17 and you say "I win all that", then you have subtract what he has invested before ($2) from "pot before action" (dead money), so it's 1.5 and you get the same result. I am not sure, why you say 17+7+1 here.

For the second part:
      50%*(200*18.38% - 93)

Of course, 50% is correct again. In the second part, you only calculate in 93 of losses. Like in the part before calculating the EV of a 3-bet also means that you will lose the 3-bet amount. So, what you lose is 100 instead of 93 here. Another but very little thing is that you have to subtract the actions previous to the "first action" (here: 3-bet) from the stack sizes, which would make $98 for P1 and $99.50 for P2.

--

tl;dr:
      What I think you tried to calculate here is the EV of the 5-bet. Overall result always shows the EVs for the "first action" which is your 3-bet here. When your starting action is 5-bet and you insert the hands that villain will fold and the ones that he will call, you will get the result that you need.

We know that the EV/FE tab could be more intuitive, probably with EV graphs, as well. That is why it is also a plan for us to create something like in CREV or similar. However, I hope this explanation has helped you anyways. If you have further questions into this, just answer again. :)

All the best,
      Michael
    • I look at the 5bet EV from the 3bet perspective, setting fold = 0, thereby treating the 7bb 3bet as already lost. Then you win the 7bb be successfully jamming and only risk 93bb on the jam.

You can set preflop fold = 0, and 3bet/fold = -7bb as well, works the same.
      Then the 5bet EV would simply be 7bb lower than in the other case, -22.62 instead of -15.62. But then it's tougher to compare 5betting with folding, as the baseline is -7, meaning a -6bb jam would be "+EV".

Can you explain how Ranger calculated -22.19? Too far away from -22.62 to be the same math I believe.
    • Hi again Internet,

okay, from your perspective you should definitely set the line to analyze to "5-bet/x", while x does not matter since villain will either call or fold. Again, -22.19bb is the EV of the 3-bet, not of the 5-bet. That might lead to this confusion.

Also, you can hover each EV field in the ev/fe tab and PokerRanger will show the maths behind it with a tooltip. This might make it a little bit more understandable what happens behind the curtains.

Best regards,
      Michael
    • lnternet wrote:

You can set preflop fold = 0, and 3bet/fold = -7bb as well, works the same.Then the 5bet EV would simply be 7bb lower than in the other case, -22.62 instead of -15.62. But then it's tougher to compare 5betting with folding, as the baseline is -7, meaning a -6bb jam would be "+EV".

Can you explain how Ranger calculated -22.19? Too far away from -22.62 to be the same math I believe.

6.5bb lower!
      Then it's -22.12 and that's very close to the Ranger output. All good!
    • Hi,

you used scenario as word fine!

With me testing this case it works fine. I am not sure why this is not the case for you. So, when you start a new PokerRanger instance and create a range with, say, two groups for Player1 and do the same for Player2 and save, it will not work, either? Without defining anything else, this case seems to work fine with the latest version, which I just tested.

Otherwise, it might be hard to test what is wrong. To be completely sure, you can also take P1/P2 ranges, add them to some folder of your tree and store the entire tree. This is not really user-friendly, but at least you avoid data loss that way.

If you can reproduce the bug easily, you might also inform me about the precise steps or we might have a short TeamViewer session to see this in detail. Would any of this be possible?

Thank you for this feedback and all the best,
      Michael
    • Hello sleeper1979,

this error message is related to SSL connection issues. This has no real influence on PokerRanger because it does not utilize SSL connections for that particular area.

It is new to us that such an error message occurs, though. Which windows version do you utilize? Have you changed anything prior to the start of the display of this error message?

PokerRanger does not use LIBEAY32.dll directly, but it will probably use the version in C:\windows\system32 (or C:\windows\system). If you have installed OpenSSL, you might try to install a later version. If you have not installed this at all, you might try to install OpenSSL at all.

However, in any case this error message is not criticial, it is merely a little annoyance. I see that it is inconvenient. Maybe we find the source of the issue with your information.

Best regards,
      Michael