Pinned The intuitive Poker Range Tool - PokerRanger (official thread)

• Hi,

viktor: Glad to hear that you are pleased. :) We always try our best to help!

lust1germolch: We will definitely put weights into PokerRanger2, they will be fully compatible with groups and all the PokerRanger functions. :)

Generally, equity calculations can be made faster in specific scenarios, that is correct. Preflop one range against another without specific suits should be a snap-result, though. On boards, it also depends, what we already have a mechanism in mind that will work fine. For multiple ranges, we will probably also go with monte carlo simulations that should deliver a close-enough approximation.

Invert suit selection is a nice idea. Have you an specific example scenario in mind where you would put that one to use?

Thank you very much for your valueable feedback!

All the best,
      Michael
    • yea sometimes I do some flop calculations and bet for example every AsKx and would check the others using different colours

for preflop stuff weights will work better of course (maybe add a button with invert weight for same reason)

cheers

edit: I know that you can get around that with colouring the whole hand first and then choosing the other colour and filling it into with the choosen range, sometimes that are just a lot of clicks tho.
      du bist einfach so ein menschenverachtender Volltrottel. Hf mit deinen 100K, vllt schämst du dich in 10 Jahren genau wie 9/10 Lesern hier für deine Beträge du sicker Gamer^^^^^^
      -it'sjustabluff
    • Hi lust1germolch,

I see, that is a very valid use case.

Do you also feel that using the "use remainder" button is too much effort? It make the fastest way to create a new empty group and use this one. It will also work with weights, e.g. if you have a group1 where AKs is used 70% and a group2, you can simply hit "use remainder" and will get 30% of the weight automatically. Of course, this also works with more than two groups. For suits, it does work accordingly.

All the best,
      Michael
    • Not sure if I am doing it wrong but in my case it is like this:
      I chose for example a BBvBU cc range.
      then I want to see wich hands I defend vs cbet and how, colouring fold: blue, call: yellow, raise: red
      we have 3 colours now. slect remainder would work if we chose the fold range and then slect remainder with yellow and then select the raise range(or any other way, but we can only select remainder if there are emty coloured hands). which is ok I guess but sometimes you need to edit back and forth so that's where the struggle comes in :D
      du bist einfach so ein menschenverachtender Volltrottel. Hf mit deinen 100K, vllt schämst du dich in 10 Jahren genau wie 9/10 Lesern hier für deine Beträge du sicker Gamer^^^^^^
      -it'sjustabluff
    • Hi argith,

the policy of PokerStars seems quite restrictive. It says that no tools are allowed that offer more than just a display of ranges... Up to recently they had not checked PokerRanger explicitly, though. We will think about offering a side-tool that only displays ranges that will be able to be used with Stars, too.

For now, the best possibility seems to create screenshots of some of the most important ranges and display them as such.

All the best,
      Michael
    • Hi viktor,

indeed, Flopzilla's approach is very nice here. There are many calculations in PokerRanger that would be necessary to stop. Some of them run all the time. Also, range selection by equity or hand strength should probably not be possible. That is why we think of offering a tool that only displays ranges and can be used additionally to PokerRanger, of course fully compatible. And this will definitely come with PR2, maybe we will even offer a PR1 version.

In any way, thank you very much for your great input. We are well-aware that such a tool would be very useful

All the best,
      Michael
    • Hi again,

we took some extra time and have already progressed quite a bit. We will offer a side-tool that only shows ranges and corresponding groups of your custom range tree without any selection functionality at all apart from making some changes via left/right mouse button in the matrix that are not saved, though.

I will have some people test it first and we have to integrate the "PokerStars is running" check in PR1, too, but hopefully we will be able to release the tool soon.

All the best,
      Michael

The post was edited 1 time, last by eisflamme ().

• I am afraid I have bad news.

We have finished the tool, but even this one is prohibited by Stars. Having communicated thoroughly mit the PokerStars Game Integrity Team, it is very clear that only one of the two following options would be allowed:
      - display of exactly one static range
      - display of 6 static ranges at the same time

In both of the cases, navigating is not permitted at all. Consequently, a list with ranges where one could navigate through is not possible.

The only thing we can offer is a temporary freeze of PokerRanger while Stars is open like Flopzilla offers it.

If you have any ideas, wishes or anything else that lies in the area of things that we can provide that are consistent with PokerStars', please let us know.

All the best,
      Michael
    • Hi argith,

this is a very strict and narrow requirement that PokerStars sets on software tools. Basically, yes, if more than 6 ranges are displayed at the same time, this is not okay. Even if you only have two ranges, it is not permitted, when you switch between them with some kind of button.

Of course, they can (or will) only block software that is dedicated Poker software. You could take screenshots of all your ranges and use some image viewer to switch between them. You can also paste all the ranges into Excel and switch between them there.

All of this really can be circumvented. However, as poker tool provider one has very strict limitations.
    • Hi Internet,

at the moment, creating an app would reproduce a lot of effort that would be used to create PokerRanger itself. Also, communications between the app and PokerRanger seems to be an important part that would need some thinking.

At the moment, taking screenshots make mike sense. Alternatively, a second device like a second small laptop are used by some of our customers. Of course, this is not optimal, but at least the ranges can be utilized this way.

All the best,
      Michael
    • Well i made it quite simple.

I took screenshots of my ranges. Put them into an excel sheet. and the front page i have my ranges sorted.

Took me around 1 hour. And works very well... When i want to change my ranges i have to change the screenshoot. But the good thing on excel is you can put some calc stuff in it as well...
      skype account wurde geclosed - für den neuen einfach kurz ne pm