BUvBB srp

• Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $99.71 (199.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $62.14 (124.3 bb)
      MP: $16.96 (33.9 bb)
      CO: $133.17 (266.3 bb)
      BTN: $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T A
      2 folds, BTN raises to $1, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25) T 8 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.75) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.75, Hero calls $2.75

River: ($10.25) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $6.25,

Do you guys have rules of thumb to figure out roughly how wide should BU value bet and how wide BB should call down?
    • Are you specifically looking for rules of thumb or just asking how to go about the analysis?

Because I don't know of any rules of thumb. I would think that the only way to know this on the fly is to have done a lot of similar analysis beforehand and thus get a feel for it.

As for the analysis itself:
      - Give BB a pre-flop range.
      - Estimate play on each street.
      - Make sure that BB defends enough on all streets.
      - Consider how much BB has to call on the river in order to make QJ, Q9, J9 type stuff a break even bluff given the sizing.

I roughly went through the hand and got that JJ+ should value bet. But I did include a decent amount of two pair and also a few straights in BB's range to XC twice.
      Given the ranges I plugged in AT has roughly the same EV checking back as value betting.
      But yeah, didn't analyse it thoroughly or create solid raising ranges for BB as it was just a quick estimation, so it may be off.

As for BB's calling range, I got it to roughly:
      Two pair, Tx, A8, K8, 87, then very few other 8x.
      If BB had raised more aggressively on previous streets then more 8x would have to call the river.
    • scatmaster wrote:

Are you specifically looking for rules of thumb or just asking how to go about the analysis?

Because I don't know of any rules of thumb. I would think that the only way to know this on the fly is to have done a lot of similar analysis beforehand and thus get a feel for it.

As for the analysis itself:
      - Give BB a pre-flop range.
      - Estimate play on each street.
      - Make sure that BB defends enough on all streets.
      - Consider how much BB has to call on the river in order to make QJ, Q9, J9 type stuff a break even bluff given the sizing.

I roughly went through the hand and got that JJ+ should value bet. But I did include a decent amount of two pair and also a few straights in BB's range to XC twice.
      Given the ranges I plugged in AT has roughly the same EV checking back as value betting.
      But yeah, didn't analyse it thoroughly or create solid raising ranges for BB as it was just a quick estimation, so it may be off.

As for BB's calling range, I got it to roughly:
      Two pair, Tx, A8, K8, 87, then very few other 8x.
      If BB had raised more aggressively on previous streets then more 8x would have to call the river.
      I know how to do the analysis. I was asking if there is some way to figure out quickly at the tables, besides practice :)

Bump for Paul as well.
    • poop_scoop wrote:

I know how to do the analysis. I was asking if there is some way to figure out quickly at the tables, besides practice
      Alright. :)

Given that the calldown range is basically a function of the pre-flop range and post-flop sizing (to some extent) I find it hard to imagine a rule of thumb could describe it, unless said rule of thumb was actually based on a lot of previous work/practice, in which case it would simply be intuition at that point. But if there was one I would be glad to hear it!