You can't win, if you're afraid of losing!

• Hey everyone!

So lately I've been focusing more on Cryptocurrency, which have taken a lot of time from my poker grind time. And on top of that I have an exam tomorrow, which I haven't studied enough on to be honest. But oh well, let's see how that goes.

I've been trying to manually import all the hands from the Svenska Spel client to HM3, they now support the .db file, but it doesn't show showdown cards etc. But it's something currently better at least, but the problem is that I have to open all the hands (thousands) from the client which sucks and takes up a lot of time. Also think I've missed some hands in the process around $25 (1bi) differ at the moment for the last 10k hands. From 6th Dec to 15th Nov. The low volume started 1st Dec, need to increase this after exam tomorrow. So going to share the first version of the graph on HM3, a bit sad that I've spent quite a lot of time trying to manually open all the hands and then it still differ a bit too much (1bi is a lot, would be happy with like +-$5 difference). And also can share $ graphs now, might be a bit easier for you non-sweeds to follow!

osse

• Hey readers!

I've re-written the first post of this blog, even if you're new or been around a while, check it out! Quick link: pokermarket.com/forum/thread/4…ing/?postID=5006#post5006

Let me know what you think about it. Going to update it further once we get close to 2018, and hopefully I can show a fully imported HM3 graph in a month!

Oh and by the way, the exam I had yesterday went pretty damn good! Feels good when you know the stuff even though you didn't have enough time to study for it, I guess being on every lecture and workshop really pays off in the long run!

Still reading the mindset book, really enjoying this book! I hope you write a quick review on that in January, getting a couple of new books soon as well, but they're mostly about cryptocurrency.

Have a good one,
      Osse

The post was edited 1 time, last by osse ().

• I have been pressing buttons for the last two hours (only to get hands imported to HM3 no joke), talk about wasting time lol.

Been in contact with the Svenska Spel support to see if there is another way to view the hands, not that they will have a good answer, they only say "okay will forward that to the developers" or something else like that. Also had to contact them because my client couldn't find any hands played during 6th November, and I know from my other stats that I played around 1k hands during that day. So hopefully I can recover them and import them to the HM3 graph. Which now covers 1st Nov up to yesterday, #importgrind.

However, I'm missing around 1500 hands and about 4-5bi at $25nl from the current graph (including 6th Nov), not sure how accurate the graph will be in the end but at least will be something to show. Will keep on going with my own Excel sheet as said earlier for "safety". I wonder how accurate the client show stats, it feels like it's a 2010 client. Oh well..

Here's the current graph, a bit of a downswing last two days, not putting in a lot of volume at all this weekend, been mentally exhausted from other stuff (A lot of cryptocurrency research etc.), so once I played I felt I made too many mistakes and well lost a couple of buy-ins in the process. No biggie, but will need to increase the volume if I want to be at $50nl before January.

In about one hour the Bitcoin futures will be released (for those who follow the crypto space), going to be interesting to see what effect that will have on the whole market. Exciting times!

Osse

• Just a quick little update on the missing hands from the 6th Nov. Been in contact with the support staff over at SvS and over several emails the conclusion is that apparently not played anything on the 6th, only logged in and out a couple of times during the time.

So, I'm still a bit confused over this whole thing, but as for now I'll not be able to get any hands from that day and will have -1k hands and around -3bi gone from the HM3 graph from now on.

I've an old post here in this thread from the 7th November, stating I had connections problems the day before during my sessions (6th Nov) and had to log in again a couple of times. So my stats in Excel are not false, they're somewhat correct (according to their client stats). But how much can you trust that now when apparently I've not played anything during the day and still got 3bi worth of money that day. Interesting indeed...

To summarize,
      I can't do more because the hands are stored on their servers.
      I will have the HM3 graph as an indicator, move up on my total BR instead (which is around €1300-1400 atm) need €1600 before I move up so a couple more buy-ins at the €20nl/$25nl.
      I've been a ghost to their "system".

Also going to probably write something good goal wise and future plans for 2018, but going to do a couple of drafts before posting to make it extra good! This will also include things like % profit investing each month will be invested in cryptos etc. So interesting stuff indeed.

Cheers,
      Osse
    • It was a while ago since last time, haven't had that much time to play or write to be honest... I'm reading about crypto like 8 hours every day at the moment. Very interesting stuff going on, and seems like I can't stop exploring it!

Also found a poker site (CoinPoker), which is still only in beta but will use the blockchain technology to prove the random generator of every hand. Probably will write something about this later on here, but for now it's only test tourneys and no deposits/withdrawals.

Anyway, I hope to play at least a couple more hours this year on SvS, but this will be the graph for this current challenge (still not at $50nl yet). All recorded hands here are played on $25nl (kr200nl), and will have to show the Excel graph for now. Will try to find a way to import all the hands to HM3 early next year.

Take care and enjoy the rest of 2017!
      Osse
    • osse wrote:

I'm reading about crypto like 8 hours every day at the moment. Very interesting stuff going on, and seems like I can't stop exploring it!

Also found a poker site (CoinPoker), which is still only in beta but will use the blockchain technology to prove the random generator of every hand. Probably will write something about this later on here, but for now it's only test tourneys and no deposits/withdraw
      Holy! 8 hours a day?! :D Looks like you really found some passion regarding that crypto/blockchain topic. You seem to be a very enthusiastic person, which is very likeable :)
      Do you also invest money in cryptos or are you only about the theory behind it yet?
    • krustenkaas wrote:

osse wrote:

I'm reading about crypto like 8 hours every day at the moment. Very interesting stuff going on, and seems like I can't stop exploring it!

Also found a poker site (CoinPoker), which is still only in beta but will use the blockchain technology to prove the random generator of every hand. Probably will write something about this later on here, but for now it's only test tourneys and no deposits/withdraw
      Holy! 8 hours a day?! :D Looks like you really found some passion regarding that crypto/blockchain topic. You seem to be a very enthusiastic person, which is very likeable :) Do you also invest money in cryptos or are you only about the theory behind it yet?
      I have invested a bit of money into crypto, but it's not very much. Going to invest a bit more next year and take a % of the profits each month from poker to put in (which is still not very much since I'm not at 50nl quite yet, would be awesome to have 200nl+ and 25%)
    • Hey! Long time ago I updated here, actually this will be the first post of this year!

I haven't been playing poker at all since like over two-three months now, and this is actually the first big break I've had since I started playing poker back in 2013/14. My focus and interests has shifted a bit lately towards cryptocurrencies and investments (This will still be a very hot focus for the future), but since I'm a full-time student, I need another side income (poker). So, it's now time for me to pick up where I left and start playing again. Not going to focus that much into blog entries involving related aspects to poker (like I did before, because my time is more limited). Instead, I'll shift my focus strictly to studying poker at a higher level with PioSolver, etc.

It's going to be an interesting ride, I'm not sure where this will take me this year. But I'm really looking forward to this new poker focus (running besides the crypto scene, it makes a good match). I'm going to be spending most of my time (the upcoming weeks) studying and understanding relevant material for my new poker grind.

So, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm not dead and still planning on playing more poker! But will go back to the study room and stay dark for another while. Got some cool things planned for the summer I'm looking forward to!

Stay tuned for some awesome stuff!
      Osse
    • Hey Osse!

its great to hear that you are back! ;) What do you actually study btw?

I recently talked a lot with very succesful pros about what is a good approach to get better/move up in stakes and while I think your step of working with pio-solver is one in the right direction, I am convinced that there are much more effecitve ways of improving and therefore increase your income by playing poker even more.
      Pio-solver is a highly complex tool, and you have to be extremly careful, smart and know a ton about poker-gametheory to be able to use it correctly and even more to apply the results in a correct way.
      My clear advise would be to invest the 1k bucks for pio-solver instead in a professional coach with references and ask for a database analysis. If he is a good coach, he will analyse your leaks, tell you whats most important for you to concentrate on in order to improve your winrate and explain how to fix those leaks/how you can further work on those leaks on your own. I know some very good players who make 6-digit profits every year, who have never worked with pio on their own.
      The software Cardrunners ev has a solver like pio as well btw and costs only like 50$ i think. (Obv it is a little less clear and has not as many options, but overall it should also work quite fine). Unfortunately I dont know any cashgame coaches so I cant recommend anyone but if I were to look for someone I would probably contact some coaches of highly successful stables or very good training sites like "Raise your edge".

In the end its your decision but i am really convinced that 9/10 high-stakes-crusher would agree with me on this. Good coachings are just so much more efficient...

However, I wish you all the best for your comeback on the tables :)

Cheerz!
    • krustenkaas wrote:

Hey Osse!

its great to hear that you are back! ;) What do you actually study btw?

I recently talked a lot with very succesful pros about what is a good approach to get better/move up in stakes and while I think your step of working with pio-solver is one in the right direction, I am convinced that there are much more effecitve ways of improving and therefore increase your income by playing poker even more.
      Pio-solver is a highly complex tool, and you have to be extremly careful, smart and know a ton about poker-gametheory to be able to use it correctly and even more to apply the results in a correct way.
      My clear advise would be to invest the 1k bucks for pio-solver instead in a professional coach with references and ask for a database analysis. If he is a good coach, he will analyse your leaks, tell you whats most important for you to concentrate on in order to improve your winrate and explain how to fix those leaks/how you can further work on those leaks on your own. I know some very good players who make 6-digit profits every year, who have never worked with pio on their own.
      The software Cardrunners ev has a solver like pio as well btw and costs only like 50$ i think. (Obv it is a little less clear and has not as many options, but overall it should also work quite fine). Unfortunately I dont know any cashgame coaches so I cant recommend anyone but if I were to look for someone I would probably contact some coaches of highly successful stables or very good training sites like "Raise your edge".

In the end its your decision but i am really convinced that 9/10 high-stakes-crusher would agree with me on this. Good coachings are just so much more efficient...

However, I wish you all the best for your comeback on the tables :)

Cheerz!
      I'm not working alone with PioSolver so I should be alright! But yes, what you're saying make sense. I guess that would be a good approach if you're studying solo.

The PioSolver software is pretty awesome, there's a lot of things I need to learn about it though. Good thing I'm a fast learner!

Will try to get some sort of update schedule for regular blog entries here, tracking the progress!
    • Hello,

I've been playing a bit more lately on non-tracking sites and been studying a lot in PioSolver & some other stuff as well. I've decided to go back to the Swedish site (SvS) and track my progress there again. I'm just going to start out at the 25nl tables. This will continue for the time being until something else shows up, and I'm really looking forward to summer as well! That's going to a couple of interesting months with poker! Since HM3 there isn't any good import option for me to add hands to HM3 (without manually opening all of them in the poker client), I will spend the time playing instead. So, I've created a new sheet I'll just add the essentials to and that's what will be updated here in the blog. I'll add some graphs once I got more data points to the statistics. Pictures below will show what type of structure I have on it!

More to come in the future! Let's go big 2018!

Cheers,
      Osse

• Hey there!

Things have changed a lot since the beginning of March this year, started to increase my poker time both on and off the tables. I'm extremely glad that I met a group that is as motivated and driven as I am to improve, the work ethic is on point (as in waking up early to study before I go to Uni in the morning). Up on around 40 hours of group study for the last two months! I'm probably one of the few that actually enjoy studying over playing poker, but that's probably because I like to learn new stuff (I try to acquire knowledge any time possible). During these two months I've also managed to finish around 3-4 books (I'll make a reading list post in the future), even though they are not mainly for poker (all of them are either economic or psychology books). So, I've been very productive and got a good routine I enjoy and will try to keep up!

Let's dive in to the poker stuff, since my last post here (2nd of April) I've tracked my progress both on and off the tables. There are a few changes since my last "structure" post, added a few tweaks to make it even better! I'll start off sharing the graph for the last 30 days and then you will find all the data below!

A wall of data! I indeed had my exam earlier today and I really crushed it!

Have a great weekend!

Until next time,
      Osse
    • kevkev wrote:

Looking good!!

I see in the sheet that you strictly play 20NL on SvS. Why don't you move up? You seem to have the bankroll and skill to move up.

Good luck!!
      Thanks!

Yeah, will move up soon for sure! Right now I'm just restructuring my poker strategies/game plan. Once I get a bit more comfortable with all the new content I'll move up. However, I'm not completely sure if that's the best plan (since SvS overall pretty soft).
    • Hey everyone!

So, it's finally time to create a ending/starting post on the the forums! It's "ending" because my semester is finally over and I have almost three full months to poker! That's where it's "starting", because I'm going to play a lot like a "full-time player" during these months and will try to make my best to share my journey here with all readers!

A few pointers of my goals this summer, I'm going to try to get in about 300 minutes (5 hours) table time each day. But with one day each week to be optional table time (basically "play if you feel like it" day, which can be used to relax and enjoy the summer besides poker). Daily (weekdays) planned studying with group for content related to strategy & progression at the tables (1-2h/ses is our usual time), content usually involves PioSolver work or HH-reviews and sometimes live sessions (rarely though). Focused only at cash game (no surprise there), and with an aggro bankroll approach and try to move up as fast as possible (yet in a strategic and smart way, to be able to fully integrate and use the content/strategy to its fullest!). I don't have any set limit goals or a absolute hour mark for me to reach during these months ahead (which can be both good & bad, e.g. not being stressed for reaching targets / slacking because you "can"). However, my goal is to grow and learn with the time I put in and actually enjoy it (not force it).

Last two weeks have been pretty hectic at University, simply because there is usually a lot to be done before the semester ends. However, the Swedish system is a bit "friendlier" because we do exams spread across the semester and don't have the "Finals" or "Mid-terms" as are usually pretty common. But even if we don't have to study as hard for several exams, we usually tend to have a lot of assignments and other "fun" stuff to do!

I decided to basically take two weeks off completely (almost) from poker to just make sure I pass and finish everything due at University, so I can spend more time now during summer to focus mainly at poker. Which can be seen in the sheet below.

Hope you have had a great May and I hope you have an even better June! (Let's hope the weather stays below 30C - it's Sweden after all...)

Enjoy, and stay put for more cool content to follow this summer!
      Osse