NL 200 6max: Turnstrategy?

• NL 200 6max: Turnstrategy?

Full Tilt, $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Cash, Rush, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $216 (108 bb)
      Hero (BB): $456.95 (228.5 bb)
      UTG: $208.80 (104.4 bb)
      MP: $403.85 (201.9 bb)
      CO: $209.20 (104.6 bb)
      BTN: $229.50 (114.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q A
      2 folds, CO raises to $6, BTN calls $6, SB folds, Hero raises to $24, CO calls $18, BTN calls $18

Flop: ($73) K A 7 (3 players)
      Hero bets $29.40, CO calls $29.40, BTN folds

Turn: ($131.80) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $50,

They are both Regs and Co is a pretty loose Reg.
      both are loose reg - questions:

1.) do you wanna squeeze preflop vs 2 loose regs here
      a.) AJo?
      b.) AJs
      c.) ATs?
      d.) smaller Axs?
      I would say that we certainly wanna sqz all of our AQ-combos, right?

2.) do you wanan check this spot OTF a lot?

3.) what is your cbet-sizeing?

4.) as played, what you think bout checking KK, AA, AK on this turn and basically check our entire range there?

5.) depending on the answers to the previous question, we X/C here AQ without Qd and fold it with Qd?
      And River X/Call off 2Pair+ on blanks and a sort of mixed strat w our AQ-combos?
    • 1.) I'd 3-bet all the mentioned hands (except for AJo) most of the time or every time. Not sure about small Axs though. Those hands don't play well in large pots multiway.

2.) No, but giving up some hands is fine and neccessary for balance reasons. Slowplaying sometimes also makes sense.
      This flop is you and only you, so you want to attack it a decent amount, so I like your c-bet.

3.) Your sizing looks good, I'd choose a similar one. Maybe smaller is better, I can't say. There are many different betsize strategies that you can use on this board. Basically you have all the power and the other players can only accept getting f***ed, excuse my language.

4.) You want to get value fast with the nuts because you have big range advantage and villain knows that. The problem with checking is this: villain bets the turn small, you call, river goes check check, villain shows AQ. Villain chose his own betsize, he (presumably) planned to fold to a raise (unless he likes to donate), and he was completely safe from losing more money on the river. Position is very powerful.

5.) I would never fold AQ on the turn to such a small bet. Probably not even AT.
    • cashinger wrote:

1.) I'd 3-bet all the mentioned hands (except for AJo) most of the time or every time. Not sure about small Axs though. Those hands don't play well in large pots multiway.

2.) No, but giving up some hands is fine and neccessary for balance reasons. Slowplaying sometimes also makes sense.
      This flop is you and only you, so you want to attack it a decent amount, so I like your c-bet.

3.) Your sizing looks good, I'd choose a similar one. Maybe smaller is better, I can't say. There are many different betsize strategies that you can use on this board. Basically you have all the power and the other players can only accept getting f***ed, excuse my language.

4.) You want to get value fast with the nuts because you have big range advantage and villain knows that. The problem with checking is this: villain bets the turn small, you call, river goes check check, villain shows AQ. Villain chose his own betsize, he (presumably) planned to fold to a raise (unless he likes to donate), and he was completely safe from losing more money on the river. Position is very powerful.

5.) I would never fold AQ on the turn to such a small bet. Probably not even AT.

Very good post - i aagree with all.

@4:
      Just to clarify:
      You also do not wanna check here a lot because I guess you do not see him many Kx calling OTF in the sandwich?
    • I think I´ve got a range of like AQ+, ATs+, JJ+ in this spot, maybe some TT as well.

Flop hits us hard and we barely have any bluffs here, if we check our QQ-TT hands.
      I do think we can bet 100% of our range otf with a smallish ~0,25x sizing, even against 2 players.

Ott I split my range, maybe even check 100% of it, although I do not see more than #2 KX combs in villains range +maybe #3 77.
      I think betting most AK, KK is fine, mixing it up with some QQ-JJ bluffs and checking all other AX.

I like @cashinger 's thoughts on 4.)
      We could be x/shoving all AQ without d when we have a barreling range ott. If we don't I think it´s fine to x/c AQ and just shove all our Nuts.
    • A lot of interesting answers.

Pre flop I would not sqz ATs or worse Axs as default. I kinda want to go something like TT+, AJs+, KQs, AJo+, KQo, maybe instead of all those AJo/KQo combos maybe some random suited hand like 76s or K8s.

Flop I'd bet small full range, although it kinda looks silly to do that with TT-QQ.

Turn is interesting, in theory it feels like a spot where we should check a fair amount. Anyways QQ feels now like a spicy bet and shove river given that we block KQ quite well.