ReAsOnS to me TO play POKER SeRiOuSLy From Venezuela

• ReAsOnS to me TO play POKER SeRiOuSLy From Venezuela

Hello my friends.
      I'm coming back to play poker because of the critical economic situation and we are Driving first past in my country Venezuela.
      currently, I prefer to play poker bets micro because it is more profitable and beneficial for me. in my job as a high school teacher my salary is currently $ 40 per month.. impossible live with this salary actually .. which is why I have been for 2 months playing again 0.25 $ 45 $ 0.25 90 satelites less than 70 cents and tables with LN2 and plo2 .. a salary between 70-100 $ per month is better than going to work.

I'm looking for some agreement to play some volume and tournaments
      I stand here the results of these games to those who want to follow me ... ever im playing visible at stars with oscarlexande and OscarElChino in 888 poker
      I accept any council, any guide, any help...

through this post I will try to explain in detail the reasons why I decided to play poker. Previously I told them I'm a professor of chemistry in high school, i work 36 hours per week and receive an salary in VEF 40.000.. in usd is = to 37-40$....

I will make a comparison so you can imagine the situation as to the quality of life we are facing now THE Venezuelans.

a basic product for all, at breakfast or dinner. egg...

in Ecuador the minimum wage is $ 366 and the city basin an egg costs 0.15 USD .. in other words. a minimum wage in Ecuador would be 2440 eggs ..

in Colombia's the minimum wage is 760,000 (Colombian pesos) and an egg costs 350 Colombian pesos .. in other words the wage in Colombia is 2190 eggs.

In Panama, the minimum wage is 600 usd and the value of the egg is 20 cents ... if the worker collect eggs, eggs would win 3000 MONTHLY

in Venezuela the minimum wage is $ 34000 VEF around 33 usd in any city an egg costs about 150 VEF about 15 cents USD ... if the salary is calculated in eggs, eggs have 226 monthly .. or 39.9 usd .. . a Coke for 2 Lts = 1.7$.. hamburger costs $ 4, $ 5 meat. chicken $ 5. lunch for two at a good restaurant $ 25-35

is my question::: how many eggs you can buy with your salary in your country?

if you see from the outside is relatively cheap .. everything but the value of our currency is nothing for which it is very difficult to live winning VEF ..

For this reason I am taking poker seriously as main job. earning above $ 80 monthly usd is something better for me.

the nows goals are to try to win at least 150 to 200 $ usd monthly ...

I hope the person who has taken the time to read this article realize that I am taking very seriously the issue of poker so every dollar q me play, I spend, or invest me .. is highly valued by my...

:) greetings and good luck ..

The post was edited 1 time, last by oscarmorajapo ().

• Crazy shit.

Without any doubt you can make 10x+ more than $40/m by playing poker. Just be ready to work hard (study the game), not tilt, and put in volume in whatever game you choose.

I would be playing if i where you some SNG's, normal speeds, no turbos, no sattelites, 27-180 people SNG's are all good to start with.

And yeah, stick to one game format (No limit holdem i assume). Jumping from one to another at starting stage is gonna be mistake.
    • looool wrote:

Welcome @oscarmorajapo

oscarmorajapo wrote:

in my job as a high school teacher my salary is currently $ 40 per month.
      Jesus. Seriously? I mean, shouldn't be at problem to earn the same and way more playing micro stakes. With a solid volume you'll get even more rakeback.
      Keep us posted about your progress and good luck! :thumbup:

hello bro,, yes, is serius hehe,, bad situation... off course ill keep post with the progress. thanks for read me..

badhabit wrote:

Good luck mate! If you are serious in learning you will be able to make way more even at the micro stakes.

Just an advice - concentrate on one game format. Maybe PLO is not very suitable for very beginners (higher variance). For me start playing NL2 with the basic strategies would be best. Haven't much experience with 45 and 90 men and don't know how good they are for building bankroll.

thanks badhabit.. ive been studuying and practice playing some games.. in 0,25 45 and 1.50 90 ko..

greenseer1 wrote:

Crazy shit.

Without any doubt you can make 10x+ more than $40/m by playing poker. Just be ready to work hard (study the game), not tilt, and put in volume in whatever game you choose.

I would be playing if i where you some SNG's, normal speeds, no turbos, no sattelites, 27-180 people SNG's are all good to start with.

And yeah, stick to one game format (No limit holdem i assume). Jumping from one to another at starting stage is gonna be mistake.

its true buddy i need focus in study and dont make mistakes.. work hard is the key... i looking to do just at least 3 times my salary to start.. maybe can be a good start.. yes.. in this moment im playing NL holdem sng..

thanks for follow me
    • yamiyami wrote:

greenseer1 wrote:

Crazy shit.

Indeed. Crazy shit. =O Hard to imagine that someone has to work for $40/month. How much do you need to make an 'okay' living in your country?

hello @yamiyami.. thanks for read me... really iin this moment in my country, needs around 200-250$ to cover and live relativly good... but to me.. i can say that 150 its ok..

• d0ntst3almybl1nd wrote:

So how big is your bankroll and how many games per month do you play?
      hello @d0ntst3almybl1nd i this moment my own BR is around 35$.. sometime i play microstakes for friends in 1.50$ 90 kos or some mtt... but with my own money play nl2... and with the profits ,, just i sell the profits to help me with my basic things... food, presonal prodcuts etc etc.. it is so basically.. thanks for readme

• this is a great new for me:I just wanted to share with you, im happy 7 place
      down hand with 300$ in bountys well.. i had to go first hand in FT and well

boom hand

imag
      Rail generated on 8/6/2016 11:43:47 PM

Starting PokerStars Bankroll ($): $25.00
      Total Cost ** KO's ** Winnings ** Running Bankroll

$0.55 ** ** $0.00 ** $24.45
      $1.10 ** ** $0.00 ** $23.35
      $2.20 ** ** $0.00 ** $21.15
      $3.30 ** ** $0.00 ** $17.85
      $0.25 ** ** $0.00 ** $17.60
      $1.10 ** ** $0.00 ** $16.50
      $2.20 ** ** $0.00 ** $14.30
      $2.20 ** ** $0.00 ** $12.10
      $2.20 ** ** $0.00 ** $9.90
      $1.10 ** ** $2.97 ** $11.77
      $3.30 ** 6 KO's ** $225.74 ** $234.21
      $3.30 ** ** $7.48 ** $238.39
      $2.20 ** ** $21.91 ** $258.10 place

PokerStars Total Buyins ($): $25.00
      PokerStars Profit ($): $233.10

Ending PokerStars bankroll ($): $258.10

Tournament Session Stats
      Total Games: 13 ROI: 932.40 % ITM: 23.08 %
    • glglglgl I would recommend you to play NL5 Fullring with your $258.

NL Fullring has a pretty low variance in equal to the other formats. Later with a bigger bankroll I think you should play 6max maybe.
      You have now the bankroll for NL10 but I think it's better to build a bigger bankroll because you want to play 4 living.
      I would use a pretty tight bankroll management in your case. Because even in Fullring it can happen that you lose 20 Stacks or more. It's not that likely on microstakes especially not in Fullring but it can happen.

I'm pretty sure that you will reach your goal of $200-$250 per month. Of course not every single month can be a month where you win money but I mean in average. Write me a private message with your skype name if you need something of my cashgame content. I don't play cashgame any more so I don't care if someone has my ranges or gameplans. :)
      I have wrote also some poker math documents for me maybe they are helpful for you.

Btw how much are the rents for a house or a room in Venezuela?)
    • Sounds like an a blog with potential! To answer a question from your first post:

oscarmorajapo wrote:

In Switzerland a normal teacher could buy around 10'000 - 15'000 Eggs but everyone is still complaining about they should get more money for the work. I think it doesn't depend on how much you earn, human beings always think they earn not enough :D

I can also recommend playing Nl FR Cashgame. Low variance and when you play tight 50-100$/month should be possible even at Nl2 with a risk from 50$. If you are interested I can also help you playing there, played now lifetime >1mio Hands Fullring up to Nl200 and now Nl10, so I have a little experience.

And would like to read more about Venezuela and the lifestyle of a teacher there :) Always nice to read about a part in the world where I haven't been and maybe never will be :D I can't speak 1 word in your language :D
    • klabautermann wrote:

I would recommend you to play NL5 Fullring with your $258.

NL Fullring has a pretty low variance in equal to the other formats. Later with a bigger bankroll I think you should play 6max maybe.
      You have now the bankroll for NL10 but I think it's better to build a bigger bankroll because you want to play 4 living.
      I would use a pretty tight bankroll management in your case. Because even in Fullring it can happen that you lose 20 Stacks or more. It's not that likely on microstakes especially not in Fullring but it can happen.

chopfi wrote:

I can also recommend playing Nl FR Cashgame. Low variance and when you play tight 50-100$/month should be possible even at Nl2 with a risk from 50$.

+1

NL5 Fullring is a good option.
      "Niemals, wirklich niemals solltest du mit Hosenträgern bei einer Gürtelschlägerei aufkreuzen."
    • klabautermann wrote:

glglglgl I would recommend you to play NL5 Fullring with your $258.

I'm pretty sure that you will reach your goal of $200-$250 per month. Of course not every single month can be a month where you win money but I mean in average. Write me a private message with your skype name if you need something of my cashgame content. I don't play cashgame any more so I don't care if someone has my ranges or gameplans. :)
      I have wrote also some poker math documents for me maybe they are helpful for you.

Btw how much are the rents for a house or a room in Venezuela?)

@klabautermann... thanks buddy, of course i would like the content and appreciate your help.. i hope win at least 150 or more but im sure that with ur help and other help members can i do a little more...
      about the rents in my towm if we talk of one house between 20-45$ monthly:::. in my little house i paid just 12$ for the service.. monthly..

chopfi wrote:

Sounds like an a blog with potential! To answer a question from your first post:

oscarmorajapo wrote:

In Switzerland a normal teacher could buy around 10'000 - 15'000 Eggs but everyone is still complaining about they should get more money for the work. I think it doesn't depend on how much you earn, human beings always think they earn not enough :D
      I can also recommend playing Nl FR Cashgame. Low variance and when you play tight 50-100$/month should be possible even at Nl2 with a risk from 50$. If you are interested I can also help you playing there, played now lifetime >1mio Hands Fullring up to Nl200 and now Nl10, so I have a little experience.

And would like to read more about Venezuela and the lifestyle of a teacher there :) Always nice to read about a part in the world where I haven't been and maybe never will be :D I can't speak 1 word in your language :D

@chopfi thanks my friend.. i appreciate and i pleased with the reception of members, of course i would like the help buddy.. ill type a PM :::

abut the living here... currently is complicated because the salarys is very low... and high cost in relation with the salary..
      the venezuelan style life really its cool... here we have great threasure natures and beatyfull womens hehe... its interesting just now we crossing bad moments but evyerthing will be fine....
      my language the spanish castellano latino.. its complicated really hehehhe

@d0ntst3almybl1nd thanks for the recommendation

@badhabit my english is not good jejeje

actually i live in a small towm CORDERO @lnternet the public services are relatively cheap here ..something like that. electricity, water, telephone, gas, internet, toilet path.. in total around 12$
    • lieschenmüller wrote:

Only $12 for all that stuff? So sick compared to Germany. I pay 60€ electricity, 40€ Gas, ~40€ phone & internet.

What does "toilet path" mean?
      hehehe its true... detaily will be... wather 2$ gas 4$, electricity, 4$, internet & phone 5$ and the toilet route 1$ (Toilet route (truck collecting garbage) ... yes around 12-15$
      but just i won 40$ in my job