TheSuccessHabit - A GROWTH EXPLOSION! 500 days to NL100 Zoom or GTFO!

• Good to see things are turning around

thesuccesshabit wrote:

Skype messaged coach that I was going to kill the cat (I have not got a cat) and yet again he called me straight back (was 2330 hours) and we looked at DB again!!! The guy is more obsessed with finding WTF is going on than me!!!!! (He does not read this but thank you thank you thank you!!!)
      at some point someone is going to ask you "who the hell is that guy ... it seems an amazing coach" :D :D
    • Ola my fellow Pokermarketeers!

Hopefully you are all crushing the tables and achieving your dreams!!!!!!!!???????

I had a bit of a poor session on Sunday night...

Mainly because of losing 3 buy ins when I was running HOT before that!!!

I stopped and reviewed my play to make sure I was not being a PUSSY (my coach has called me this 20 times now so it is becoming a bit of a joke at my expense lol). Anyway, all seemed okay, was just fish running good of course!!! :thumbdown:

Last night was a better session...

Although it was a bit too swingy for my old heart!!!!! <3

Notes
      • Studied poker 1.5+ hours
      • Slept 5h 45m
      • Jumped rope 8 mins
      • Push ups 18
      • Trained at Wing Chun class

Had really nice compliments from coach today... I send him hand reviews most days and he said that he believes I am moving along in my analyses a lot last few days!

Was really nice as I spent most of my life being told I am a waste of space (mostly true btw but subjective)! Man crush for sure!!! :love:

Okay back to studying because I need a winning week because I forgot what it feels like!!!!!!!!! 8o

looool wrote:

Solid graph :) Feels good to have a nice winning stretch.

What does your overall graph look like? Would love to see it.
      Hey! Is it okay to just look back to October? If not I can open up Pokertracker and get more but it's mostly at beginning of thread I think??? I think I can show whatever you want to see though!

yamiyami wrote:

thesuccesshabit wrote:

I am on pc ban for a while

Hope this ban won't take too long :D
      Hahahaha! Nice gif (wtf gif means!?)! I spend way too long looking at a pc and tried to have 20 hours off it... Did not happen obv :rolleyes:

nvaz wrote:

Good to see things are turning around

thesuccesshabit wrote:

Skype messaged coach that I was going to kill the cat (I have not got a cat) and yet again he called me straight back (was 2330 hours) and we looked at DB again!!! The guy is more obsessed with finding WTF is going on than me!!!!! (He does not read this but thank you thank you thank you!!!)
      at some point someone is going to ask you "who the hell is that guy ... it seems an amazing coach" :D :D
      Thanks! Hopefully permanent turn around at NL10 and move onwards eh!!?

I wonder when that question will roll in lots..? When I crush NL25??? :S
      Pokermarket blog here
      My Youtube Channel
    • 500 Days To Beat NL100 Zoom Or Quit Poker - 433 Days To Go

Results For The Day

(Games played =NL10 Fast)

Notes
      • Running nicely
      • Played solid
      • Studied 1.5+ hour (sweat review, 3 hand analyses, organised notes)
      • Lost some play time due to stuff at home but not much
      • Slept 5h 45m
      • Jump rope 8 mins
      • Push ups x 19 (here's today's)

432 days to go...

RAMBLINGS

There are ***holes out there selling get rich ebooks for $$$'s. There are ***holes out there buying them (been there). And the truth is, it's not even fulfilling to get rich quickly. It's total bull****.

Find something you want to do for the rest of your life (or at least something you are good at that you can handle doing). Put in the hard work, have some patience and JUST ****ING DO IT!!!

There are no shortcuts - nobody ever got rich quick in a fulfilling manner.

If you are not interested in being rich (like me) then FFS find something you enjoy doing and get the hell out of the ***tty rat race!!!!!!

#urperfect #iloveyou

<3 :dance:
      Pokermarket blog here
      My Youtube Channel
    • 500 Days To Beat NL100 Zoom Or Quit Poker - 432 Days To Go

This was a crazy session! If it was not such a short session I would say villains could see my cards!

My opens faced a 3b 30% of the time and I had "trash" so my fold v 3b was 87%!!!!

My 3 bets faced a 4bet 20% of the time and I folded 100%.

Not complaining, was just "funny". Actually I guess I am happy that it did not affect me! :muscle:

Results For The Day

Notes

• Studied 1 hour (I am not happy with this today although I had lots of other tasks to do)
      • Hit 2bi stop (and review) loss then carried on and break even
      • Slept 5h 50m
      • Jumped rope 8 mins
      • Push ups x 20 (today's are here)
      • Meditation has gone! Why this goes first when busy? It is MEGA important!

431 days to go...

RAMBLINGS

Lack of time is not your problem. Procrastination and laziness is your problem. Pull your finger out of your ass and quit complaining!

Display Spoiler
      Yes, that was aimed at me a little. :wasntme:

<3
      Pokermarket blog here
      My Youtube Channel
    • Hello Pokermarketeers!

On Thursday I had another session where the 3bet and 4bet monkeys attacked me! I faced 3b 19.5% and faced 4b 15%. Fortunately I had some hands I could continue with this time but then whiffed the flop mostly lol!

Friday looked like this...

Variance kind of kicked my butt with beauties like this one...

And some others, pretty standard stuff.

On Friday night the session was swingy again and I decided to end it at this...

This is called "Booking a Win!". After 2 days of 2 buy-in loss I insta quit when I got up 5c :whistling: :muscle:

Last night I managed to book another small win...

Again I hit some pretty tough variance but I definitely handled it better than lately. I mean I have never been terrible with anger @ variance but it has been a bit frustrating lately. Turns out it has been a good lesson I guess!

So, overall I am happy with the way I am playing. My study is going really well and I am getting better at using HM2 and making notes. For me, hard work and patience are the only variables now and I will give them all I have got!

GL amigos, run good :wait: unless v me!!!!!!!!!! :sun:
      Pokermarket blog here
      My Youtube Channel
    • 500 Days To Beat NL100 Zoom Or Quit Poker - 427 Days To Go

Results For The Day

Notes
      • Shoulda used my new found "book-a-win" skills @ +$30!!! ;)
      • Feel good, mindset way way better
      • Studied 1.5 hours (watched some of sweat, read notes of coach's thought process, posted 5 hands to coach)
      • Getting better at fighting procrastination and getting my Hustle on!
      • Slept 6h 15m WTF!?
      • Push ups done x 25 (here)
      • Jumped rope x 7 mins

426 days to go...

kianbrazil wrote:

amigo, what is your current bankroll? happy to read your blog here now. best of luck
      TY for following, love the support here! Bankroll is $1009.26 and I started with $1000 so I am officially crushing poker!!!!! :S

fatnsweaty wrote:

thesuccesshabit wrote:

This is called "Booking a Win!". After 2 days of 2 buy-in loss I insta quit when I got up 5c
      This made me lol! I can relate to that after having several losing sessions in a row, a win is a win, even if it's only half a bb!
      Hmm, I see you play way higher than me Sir WP!!! So do you think it is important for the mindset to book some wins? Or more to the point to book some "non-losses"???

lieschenmüller wrote:

fatnsweaty wrote:

thesuccesshabit wrote:

This is called "Booking a Win!". After 2 days of 2 buy-in loss I insta quit when I got up 5c
      This made me lol! I can relate to that after having several losing sessions in a row, a win is a win, even if it's only half a bb!
      I know that feeling of "booking a win" though :D

I think it was my first time! I doubt it will be my last now for some reason!!!!! :thumbsup:
      Pokermarket blog here
      My Youtube Channel
    • thesuccesshabit wrote:

Hmm, I see you play way higher than me Sir WP!!! So do you think it is important for the mindset to book some wins? Or more to the point to book some "non-losses"???
      lol I'm the very last person you would want to ask about mental game as I think I'm very weak in that area. Reason I thought that quote funny was because I know how it feels as I've done the same thing in the past. Looking forward to see you reach your goal!
    • 500 Days To Beat NL100 Zoom Or Quit Poker - 425 Days To Go

Results For The Day

Crazy session...

It was going along fine and then lost KK v JJ all-in pre and then JJ < QQ all in pre, standard stuff...

Then had a period (1150 hands - 1300 hands on graph) where every 3b bluff got 4bet every steal got 3b, every 4b bluff got jammed on you know, also standard...

Then I heard one of kids stirring so sat out and went and listened - didn't come to anything. As I was sitting there on bottom of stairs I was kinda laughing at myself as I was feeling frustration boiling up.

You know the thoughts "I can't do this", "Why am I losing these big pots", "Why am I getting 4b to hell"!!!!

Gave myself a serious dressing down I can tell you. Went along these lines...

"You think this is tough you stupid piece of ****!? This is nothing! You are fkn blessed to even have the chance to play poker and do these things. If this is giving you these thoughts you have seriously got no fkn chance of making it. Go and do the work. Be patient. And quit fkn complaining you piece of ****!"

Then I made myself a drink, sat back at the tables promptly won one 100bb pot and then immediately 2 outered some mofo in a 300bb pot.

Now that's fkn karma!!!!!!!!

Notes

• Studied 1 hour (hand reviews, re-read all old hands reviewed by coach)
      • Looking for other sites with Fast Fold
      • Will play some reg tables (in fact anything to get out of NL10!)
      • Changing some preflop ranges a little
      • Push ups x 26 here
      • Jumped rope 8 mins
      • Did NOT train at Wing Chun as wife was out on a jolly!

Hands

1. Real Poker Skills

424 days to go... <3

fatnsweaty wrote:

thesuccesshabit wrote:

lol I'm the very last person you would want to ask about mental game as I think I'm very weak in that area. Reason I thought that quote funny was because I know how it feels as I've done the same thing in the past. Looking forward to see you reach your goal!

Oh cool, I think you are being very modest tho - don't get to your level without decent mindset!!! Thx man!
      Pokermarket blog here
      My Youtube Channel
    • 500 Days To Beat NL100 Zoom Or Quit Poker - 420 Days To Go
      Results For The Day

(Games played =NL10 Fast & Reg)

This battle was lost.

Lessons learned:
      • I don't understand the 3b/4b/5b game well enough. Action = Coach gave me some adaptions to make and I added some stats to HUD.
      • Other players at my games understand the 3b/4b/5b game better than me as they are definitely exploiting my ranges/frequencies. Action = New stats in HUD. Spend some time in FE calculator to understand the whys and hows better.
      • I cbet bluff the turn too much when I don't have enough fold equity. Action = Mark hands in question and review.
      • The fear of losing is still there in me although way less than before. Action = Courage. Fear is good but I face it with courage and do not let it cripple me.

Other Stuff:

I've been training at Wing Chun for 9 months now and last night was the first time to put the gloves on and make some real contact. Sparred with a 20 year old Grade 8 or 9 for 15 minutes and I think this 46 year old grade 4 sprang a few surprises (even if the technique was somewhat lacking)! Life in this old dog yet I tell ya! :thumbsup: 8| :ninja:

419 days to go...

X( This battle was lost but I am not killed. It's not even close... X(
      Pokermarket blog here
      My Youtube Channel
    • 500 Days To Beat NL100 Zoom Or Quit Poker - 419 Days To Go
      Results For The Day

(Games played =NL10 Fast & Reg)

Battle number three was a crushing victory

At war that's 2-1 in favour of hard work and patience.

Lessons Learned:
      • I need to work on my 3b/4b/5b game. Action = More time in the fold equity calculator and look into the plays of regulars at my games.
      • I made a silly mistake postflop in a 3bet pot. Action = Make a game to practice 3b postflop lines until they are ingrained.
      • The thrill of victory is a better feeling than the secure/comfort feeling of playing it safe. Action = Beat those f***ers. To death.

Other:
      • Push ups day x 17 here
      • Jump rope x 8 mins
      • Slept 5h 50m - was tired at end of session but very active day for my brain!
      • Coach is amazing - giving me so much info and did another DB review for me of last 30k hands

418 days to go...

"It's not about how much sleep you get. It's about what you do when you're awake." - @GaryVee

marketmaker wrote:

did I miss the January graph? :P

No Sir!!!

X/ X( :thumbsup:
      Pokermarket blog here
      My Youtube Channel