2017 is going to be great - lowstakes cash reg

• 2017 is going to be great - lowstakes cash reg

Hey I’m 30 years old guy that has been in a poker for some time with longer brakes. English is not my first language so expect to see bad grammar, bad spelling...

Now there is going to be big wall of text where I will not say anything smart so (if anyone is reading this)...

CLIFFS:

Display Spoiler
      -OP was in poker for long time with many brakes, finished uni,masters...
      -OP is back and is going to crush :)
      -starting from nl50, and is very happy about his current game but still has a lot of things to work on

My past few years of life/poker:

I played up to midstakes back in the days… (Started with promotion free 50$ and never looked back) while I did read a lot and had some coaching sessions I never really took the next step to take poker very seriuosly, I always lacked good work habits… and also I was young, money was easy… and I was living in a country with low standard where with just making little bit of money you could live like baller (nothing changed here btw). Also I was influenced by poker players I was talking at a time, how poker is super easy… how you shouldn’t spend too much time on watching lol videos or read books…and guess what… neither one of them still plays (and they were playing high stakes (and in today's standard they wouldn’t beat nl25)). Soon after black Friday I decided to take a long brake and see what’s gonna happen with poker I also had some personal things going on, played here and there, haven't worked on my game , run bad, became really bad, got back into university… got diploma, spend all my money during that time living like a king… got into masters , finished that and now here I am. During that time I did play little bit of poker and cashing out regularly on a side. I remember also one year where I played 200k hands of nl50-nl100 and runned 80-100bi under EV which was brutal for me (I remember old coach almost laughing when I showed him)

New era: Last year I got some coaching deal (I might talk about it in the future) which really was an eye opener when it comes to my poker skills. It was very hard to accept that over years I have become one of those bad nit regs totally out of the touch with sound poker strategy. EGO is a bitch... I never thought I had those problems... but after I have accepted reality poker started being fun again. Played bad, frustration, very bad run, bad decisions to chase volume and playing too many tables at a times and full of ‘fck-I-have-no-idea-what-I-am-doing’ followed with ‘A-H-A’ moments…
      Positive side : a lot of AHA moments, worked on my approach to poker, fixed huge leaks in my thought process, worked on various poker skills, adjusted my game and here I am.. playing the best poker I can… and still learning a lot on a daily basis. So after a hard restart...good days are comming

Plan for this year is to move up in stakes… get to nl100, establish myself as a reg there and continue to improve. Traditionaly… my biggest problem was low volume and bad working habits. I also have kind of obsessive personality where I will get obsessed (damn Hearthstone) with something but when I get to some decent level I lose interest fast. Same thing happened with chess, guitar, sports and many other things. It might be an EGO problem as I’m kind of a fast learner and these beginner things up to some modest level I learn easy, but when I get to a more challenging stuff I tend to settle with ‘I’m good enough’. I also know to become bored and go on autopilot very fast and very easy, which for someone like me (full of bad old habits) is super bad.

On the other hand… good thing is that I really enjoy solving problems and learning, so it’s never a problem for me to sit and do some ‘boring’ things for hours… work in some software, read, math, videos, db analysis (which I haven’t done much in the past). I also have acknowledged my biggest problems and I’m fighting with them on a daily basis.

I would also add that I do work something on a side which is taking me few hours a day and sometimes it’s hard to grind as much as I would like to... guess I have to organize my self better.

Something I have wrote down few days ago (2017 plan c/p) with my new comments in red :

1) BE THE BEST PLAYER I CAN this one is full of ****... as everyone I want to be the best player in the world... but lets keep this more realistic (for now :D)

-how to get there ?

>WORK YOUR ASS OFF
      PUT IN GOOD VOLUME... AT LEAST 50K HANDS A MONTH! (THAT'S 25DAYSX2K HANDS WHICH IS SOMEWHERE AROUND 5HR OF PLAYING IN 25 DAYS) since I wrote this... I havent played more then 1,5k hands in a day XD
      THAT IS ~30HR OF PLAYING POKER PER WEEK

>WORK ON YOUR GAME AT LEAST 6HOURS PER WEEK (80/20 RULE) think I have been working on my game more then planned... watching a lot of videos, doing all kind of work and some coachings :)

-THINK WHEN YOU PLAY, DONT AUTOPILOT (PLAY 5TABLES (6 MAXIMUM WHEN YOU FEEL GOOD), WHEN WORKING ON SOMETHING PLAY 4!) easier said then done

-WORK ON NOTES FROM COACHINGS this is my way to warm up mixed with hh reviews

-WORK A LOT IN FLOPZILLA,EQUILAB/HOLDEQ... YOU NEED TO WORK ON YOUR RANGE VISUALISATION doing this daily

-READ ****ING MATHEMATICS OF POKER (such a good dust collector )

-GET SOME PEOPLE TO TALK POKER WITH hey there! :)

-GET CR EV (PROBABLY) , GET PIO IN THE FUTURE WHEN YOU MOVE UP

Is this realistic, I’m not sure… I have dropped number of tables to 4-6 (used to grind 24 rarely under 10) which really improved me.

I’m starting this blog from nl50.. some nl25 if needed :)

I’m not sure how often I will update, how many hands I will post, graphs? (not a big fan of those and checking results). I will try to post things I find interesting, hands where I will hopefully get some feedback, and in the future I might post some interesting/funny real life stories (because of this I was thinking to make a new account as I know some really interesting characters but I wouldn't want to get in trouble), and some general talks (movies,books,games).

This blog is basically my journal to keep me motivated,consistent, try to find some leaks and the most important reach out to good people.

GL everyone... :) <3
    • mukzr wrote:

Heyho, welcome to Pokermarket!

Tell us something about your Bankrollmanagement? When will you move up to NL100?

Good luck dude :love:
      Thank you <3
      as far as bankroll management... discipline was never a problem for me. Plan is to start adding 1 table of nl100 when I get to ~40bi + and then gradually swap table for table until I have all nl100 tables going on
      In my experience this usually was the best way for me to take shots, as I would feel less anxious and in some way it feels more natural

looool wrote:

Welcome. I am in :)

What site are you playing at? Reg or fast tables?
      I am playing currently on Microgaming and a little bit on PartyPoker here and there... def. going to expand to other sites in the near future
      And I like regular tables more, but I wouldn't run from the fast tables in the future
      Thanks for the follow <3

yamiyami wrote:

Sounds interesting. Bookmarked and good luck! :thumbup:
      Thank you, gl gl <3
    • c/p from 2p2 hope you guys don't mind

Last 2 weeks have been crazy… a lot of work outside of poker, and more hours then planned spent in “lab”, but very low volume.

Pokerwork

This work that I’m doing at the moment is connected to poker and while I have to commit several hours per day to do it the best I can, I have been rewarded (beside money) with some free poker coaching which were very good… not gonna talk about it now as I’m not sure how things will develop in near future. While work knows to be little bit boring from time to time, and it’s in general hard to work with all kind of different people, I got benefit to get to know some really cool people and good poker players which motivated me to work better and to learn more about poker.

Anyway… while I don’t have PIO, I have been lucky to get in some sessions with really strong player on it, and it’s making my understanding of poker much better… to the point where I have clear vision on how my poker strategy should look like. In the last 2 week I had around +/- 10hrs of coaching on various subjects and things have been going great as far as my poker game goes.

Thoughts about volume

On the other hand (mostly because of this and some very swingy short term runs) my volume has been very low to the point I’m not happy. Need to work on my work habits, mental game, mental endurance and stop being perfectionist … it’s ok to play B-game from time to time, you don’t always need to spend too much time on brakes, warm ups and other stuff as I feel I have been over doing those things, always scared that I will not play my A-game and that I will lose money because of it. BUT there are always 2 sides of coin and I have also been thinking how maybe chasing big volume (and stressing myself about it) is stupid and that maybe playing the best poker is more important then chasing some hand numbers. Not sure how I feel about this , maybe little bit confused on which route to go (esp as it’s so easy to procrastinate as a poker player). In ideal world you might want to play poker only when you feel good about it, but in reality I would always want to spend more time with girlfriend, friends, dog… so having some hand number targets and pushing my volume more might be better for me as I feel I’m huge underachiever.

Poker play

I really started hating anonymous games and I have been playing those for some time now (and I saw a lot of weird things going on there to the point I’m getting little paranoid). Think I’m missing decent edge by not being able to exploit faster/better some weak regs and having to play “standard” and exploit general player pool tendencies. Now even PartyPoker went with anonymous handhistories… and without nl50 fast forward , I’m not sure what to do. Maybe I should try out PokerStars and zoom games, but with all recent talks about changes to vip and regular tables, and lowest VIP on what I would start not sure how smart it would be giving up on a decent rakeback and jumping in debatable tougher games. Maybe view/advice on current PokerStars lowstakes environment (LOL I hate that word) from someone playing them would be great

'no-poker' rl-personal story time

Few days ago I was invited on some “bday party”. I was there with my best friend and things went crazy very quickly. Right when we got there, there were already some glasses and bottles flying over restaurant and it just smelled like trouble to the point I was already cursing my life for going there in the first place. After few drinks, there comes my MMA pro fighter friend and very quickly he starts ground and pounding some young guy and I had to jump in with 2 other guys to stop it as he was actually trying to brake young guy’s arm with kimura. Not sure how I succeed to pull out MMA’s arm, I guess he also realized it was me so he didn’t resist. And he actually thanked me later for stopping him as he could **** up his life right there. 20 minutes after that everyone was back drinking and I had hangover for 2days after that.

Anyway here are some graphs
      This month

Spoiler:
      This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1873x768.

From December 2016 when I started working again on my poker game after few months of clicking buttons (mix of nl25,nl50)

Spoiler:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1880x764.

No fun hands to show… need to update this more frequently so I don’t forget those. But mostly everything was standard ( I saw my stats have been more passive over last 8k hands, so it could be that I’m slowly sinking back to my old bad habits). Beside that a lot of coolers and a lot of folding.

GL everyone
    • railgun wrote:

I really started hating anonymous games and I have been playing those for some time now (and I saw a lot of weird things going on there to the point I’m getting little paranoid). Think I’m missing decent edge by not being able to exploit faster/better some weak regs and having to play “standard” and exploit general player pool tendencies. Now even PartyPoker went with anonymous handhistories… and without nl50 fast forward , I’m not sure what to do. Maybe I should try out PokerStars and zoom games, but with all recent talks about changes to vip and regular tables, and lowest VIP on what I would start not sure how smart it would be giving up on a decent rakeback and jumping in debatable tougher games. Maybe view/advice on current PokerStars lowstakes environment (LOL I hate that word) from someone playing them would be great

Why not looking for some sites like Americas Cardroom, 888 ? All have decent traffic and soft games. Rakeback at 888 isn't good but the softness compensates that easily.

Anyway, nice and steady graph! :)
    • thanks I really appreciate advice... and it's for sure option but thing is :

888 - last time I played after raking 1k they gave me something like 40$ back by converting some points (if I remember good), but they took like 38$ back when I was cashing out XD

All sites that accept Americans - I'm not sure how I feel about those, as I think I would feel paranoid on them (after FTP went down) , I'm not much following situations with those sites so I might be very wrong

you might be for sure right that on 888 you can compensate for norakeback with soft games, I guess you just have to find a stake on which it makes more sense then on nl25 that I was playing there last time
    • Thanks man, now when I know that someone actually read this cra I kinda feel little obligated that at least for some time be little more consistent with updating. Thanks everyone <3

Coaching thoughts

I got a lot of coaching from different guys in the past… tbh recently I have been feeling that most of them were borderline scams. It wouldn’t be nice from me to bash them on the forums, as poker evolved so much and from this point of view it’s easy to see how much everyone sucked back then, but I would love to think how I learned something good from everyone… even if they were overpriced scammers (debatable) :D

What opened my eyes about coaching was this deal I was in… by having some commitment and deal with your coach (profit share) it really creates relationship on a whole new level. I was afraid in the beginning how I will be committed for “long” time but time flew so fast that I feel like I missed a lot of opportunities to learn from my coaches (esp during God-help-me-I-am-lost period).

Coach necessarily doesn’t need to be bad player to be bad coach… he can be good player but holding on to important info. It’s so easy to cheat someone into thinking that they are getting great advice while they are not improving at all. If I tell you to 3bet XX in some position but I don’t give you theory behind building 3b range (which student obv do not know)… it’s like giving good advice, but holding the important things for yourself.

Poker

Haven’t been putting in insane hours into poker lately. Been on some semi tilt but things are going well for me (even with very swingy period I feel like I am still improving at a very fast pace). I have been more emotional lately (don’t worry I haven’t cried), and combining that with my impulsive personality… it’s like I am ticking bomb waiting to explode, so even small not important things have been tilting me on the tables. But I have become very, very good at quiting (LOL) which have been helping me lately.

Why I’m not posting any hands in here? Well so far nothing special has been happening lately, and if I have a trouble hand I love to input some hours into it and then usually I get answers on my own, after putting in ranges in flopzilla,equilab… And when I’m actually not sure about something… I have few awesome players to ask (which haven’t been happening much lately, I guess it’s a sign of improving or lazines)

I will this time leave you with one hand to make everyone day better… I know I love to see those:

Skill level – Expert

Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $20.50 (41 bb)
      BB: $41.25 (82.5 bb)
      UTG: $59.23 (118.5 bb)
      MP: $25.85 (51.7 bb)
      Hero (CO): $50 (100 bb)
      BTN: $53.05 (106.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8 A
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.75) 4 4 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.85, BB calls $0.85

Turn: ($4.45) 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.45) 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $39.15 and is all-in, Hero calls $39.15

Results: $82.75 pot ($1.50 rake)
      Final Board: 4 4 6 4 4
      BB showed K K and lost (-$41.25 net)
      Hero showed 8 A and won $81.25 ($40 net)

Have a good day everyone :=D
    • February was a very busy month and very swingy one... had several short swings 1k hands +10bi followed with 1k hands -10bi, this made me not grind that much and playing record low volume of 20k hands and finishing down -3bi (pre rb like everything in this blog)

Feeling so bad about myself not because of -3bi in 20k hands but for putting so little time into grinding. On the other hand I spent probably 40hours in working with various software, watching videos and a lot of coaching on PIO and stuff like that
      So my game from month to month feels better.

I also finally read some older bookmarked blog, the one from HS player LLinusLLove where he was playing midstakes and while analyzing some of his posted hands I found some leaks in my thought process and that later lead me to talking with my friend and finding out even bigger leak that could for sure effect my game. Lets just say it's more of an abstract theory thing then pure strategy and it's very obvious when someone tells you, but it's one where you can easily make mistakes (and many low stakes players on the forums make it from what I saw) :)

Still haven't decided which site I will be grinding on, I really don't like anonymous games anymore and recent events lead me to realize how I'm not adjusting there well , and how actually nitty those games are X/

Def something to work on. It's like every month, I start playing very well then I watch some mid-high stakes videos and then my game starts slipping but in a very discrete way... where I start making "good" and "standard" plays but most of those are actually bad vs these opponents as they give me so much room to exploit them :cool:

Anyway what I'm gonna do this month... well I would like to deposit on stars in the near future and try out some nl50 zoom as partypoker doesn't have that and I'm not going to play regular tables vs players that our going to use some type of a hud and I'm not planning to buy that as it's against TOS. Thing with partypoker is that I do have a lot of points there but I do not have highest vip level to get the biggest bonus and I'm never going to achieve that if I do not play fastforward there... so I think I will probably grind some nl25 ff there to get that vip level/bonus asap. This will be cool way to put in some volume and it will force me to grind more. I just don't like that they offer such a low time bank on those tables, and playing 2-3 of them is max I can do (without sacrificing quality of my decisions (tbh 2 is optimal for me)). We will see what happens from this...

Some fun hands

-------------------------------------------------

K3hh like a boss, turn and river gave me heart attack :D 8o

Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

SB: $20 (40 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)
      UTG: $81.53 (163.1 bb)
      MP: $79.71 (159.4 bb)
      CO: $91.12 (182.2 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $99.10 (198.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J J
      UTG folds, MP raises to $2.50, CO calls $2.50, Hero calls $2.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($8.25) J T 3 (3 players)
      MP bets $8.25, CO calls $8.25, Hero raises to $30.25, MP calls $22, CO raises to $88.62 and is all-in, Hero calls $58.37, MP calls $46.96

Turn: ($262.70) A (3 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($262.70) T (3 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $262.70 pot ($1.50 rake)
      Final Board: J T 3 A T
      MP showed 3 K and lost (-$79.71 net)
      CO showed J T and lost (-$91.12 net)
      Hero showed J J and won $261.20 ($170.08 net)

Poker is easy

Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players

SB: $53.01 (106 bb)
      BB: $32.06 (64.1 bb)
      UTG+1: $62 (124 bb)
      Hero (UTG+2): $50 (100 bb)
      MP1: $50.94 (101.9 bb)
      MP2: $20 (40 bb)
      MP3: $100.93 (201.9 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)
      BTN: $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K K
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $2, 3 folds, BB calls $1.50, Hero raises to $7, MP3 calls $5, BB calls $5

Flop: ($21.25) 2 3 3 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $9.50, MP3 raises to $19, BB folds, Hero raises to $43 and is all-in, MP3 calls $24

Turn: ($107.25) 9 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($107.25) T (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $107.25 pot ($1.50 rake)
      Final Board: 2 3 3 9 T
      BB mucked and lost (-$7 net)
      Hero showed K K and won $105.75 ($55.75 net)
      MP3 showed 7 6 and lost (-$50 net)

clicking buttons

Party, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

SB: $82.52 (165 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (MP): $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $48.13 (96.3 bb)
      BTN: $52.62 (105.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A K
      Hero raises to $1.25, CO calls $1.25, 3 folds

Flop: ($3.25) 2 A K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.54, CO calls $1.54

Turn: ($6.33) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $6.02, Hero calls $6.02

River: ($18.37) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $39.32, Hero calls $39.32

Results: $97.01 pot ($3.00 rake)
      Final Board: 2 A K A T
      Hero showed A K and won $94.01 ($45.88 net)
      CO mucked J J and lost (-$48.13 net)

Gl everyone <3
    • I did it... succeed to get highest vip level on party. As there is no nl50 ff I had to grind nl25ff and in the beginning I haven't grind much so I really started grinding in second half of the month... which lead me to grind 3-4 (mostly) tables of it till I can't follow action or remember what happened in previous street.

I'm now cleaning my pp points balance which is great and I'm still looking for site. Roll looks very healthy probably good enough to even take some shots at nl100. But I will probably just grind nl50 in April.

Also had a lot of coachings but because of this grind I didn't have much time except few hours I spent looking on my db and analyzing player pool @nl25ff. Found some weird leaks in my game ... more like bad thinking (or not thinking at all) in a spot where pot gets big. Think I for sure played poorly and this could bring my winrate up a lot in the future.

As far as this nl25ff grind, I for sure haven't played A-game... more like autopiloting b game. I take down hat to all you fastforward grinders as this is insane how fast this thing is. Think that time bank is too short, as I often found myself timing out or not having enough time to think (a lot of spots I'm trying to "solve" on spot) and playing 3-4 tables of this is for several hours is so intense... Maybe it's nothing for someone but I had everyday several hours on job and right after that grind till I am brain dead. Maybe if I organized myself better it would be easier... but well what can you do.

Think I had very bad distribution of hands and I haven't checked results at all till just a moment ago. Not the happiest with 53k hands @2.13 evbb/100 (runned @1.85bb/100)), and it's of course not showing entire story as I had insane number of coolers... thought that I'm braking even at best. Also it took me some time to adjust as I come from totally different game where I played anonymous for very long time and this is actually first time I had an opportunity to see in stats what my opponents are doing actually. Things could def be better, but think it's all good ... won also little bit of money in 2 tournaments I played, cleared 1,5 partypoker bonuses and got biggest party instant cashback so can't really complain (altho lost little bit in 500 hands of nl50 I played lol).

I'm dead now , I'll maybe post some cool hands later when I review this after a day or two brake. Also started listening to Haseeb Quareshi book that I got on audible while I'm playing with my dog... so far sounds like a really good/interesting book. TBH I followed his blog when he was writing it and I'm sure I still have somewhere document where I c/p every chapter that he posted for free on his blog. Will share some thoughts when I'm done with it
    • Small update

I haven't played a hand of poker in April, and I haven't either study much... had a lot of private shit going on and then my computer died, so I had to go buy new one and set up everything. Good thing is that because of that I couldn't play poker because I was/am tilted or semitilted at this point and I have been under a lot of stress lately... so it feels good to have some brake

Hopefully today or tomorrow I will start grinding and depositing some moneyz on stars and some other networks :)
    • Hey long time no update

April was crazy for me, from my computer dying to huge fire very near my place. After that had to take some time to just chill from all stress and to setup my new laptop. Then 2nd part of the month got better... I was one of the first guys to be invited to join BluffTheSpot grind house in Malta... and just after few days of packing I had a flight.

It's an amazing 180m2 place in hearth of Sliema, and last 10 days went just by getting to know Malta better, hanging out with BTS guys and getting introduced to huge poker community. I'll post some pictures and stories in the future for sure. I also succeed to stab myself in a hand, and had to go to the hospital but ran good and missed all important stuff. In few days I will remove bandage so everything should be good. Thanks to my coach and friend Svansa who took me to the hospital (and I promise I will x-r more in the future, just please don't do it again :D 8o )

Expect to see more pictures in the future. As far as poker goes, played 5k hands in the last month, but I have prepared myself mentally to grind a lot in the next few months. This has to be one in a life time chance ! :)
    • Long time no update... been traveling lately , haven't played too much of poker or worked on my game but a lot of things have clicked for me

Started playing some 100z on Stars , pool seems good :)

vs exms reg

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

SB: $172.64 (172.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $100.26 (100.3 bb)
      UTG: $123.99 (124 bb)
      MP: $100.88 (100.9 bb)
      CO: $46.54 (46.5 bb)
      BTN: $351.61 (351.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A A
      3 folds, BTN raises to $2.25, SB folds, Hero raises to $9.50, BTN calls $7.25

Flop: ($19.50) 6 4 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.50, BTN calls $5.50

Turn: ($30.50) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($30.50) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $21.74, BTN raises to $336.61 and is all-in, Hero calls $63.52

Results: $201.02 pot ($2.50 rake)
      Final Board: 6 4 4 A 8
      Hero showed A A and won $198.52 ($98.26 net)
      BTN showed 7 8 and lost (-$100.26 net)

Been stressing myself a lot lately for not playing/working more.. and it made me feel more stressed in the last few days/weeks rather then enjoying some free time. Might have to go in a nature for a day or two to restart myself...